Re: MCSD vb6 - is it worth it? MCSD v6 exams expiring in 2004

Discussion in 'MCSD' started by Davin, Jun 30, 2003.

  1. Davin

    Davin Guest

    My opinions:
    If you have the money and time to study for and take the additional exams,
    go for it. Your resume will appear that you are more experienced due to
    having multiple generations of Microsoft developer certifications.

    However, if you cannot stop time or have money-growing trees in the backyard
    (being silly here), then just go for the .NET exams. These will be worth a
    lot more for your career three years from now.

    Best of luck to you,
    Davin Mickelson

    "Abel" <> wrote in message
    > Hello -
    >
    > Aside from the debate about whether or not certs are worth getting, I want
    > to know your opinion about the value of pursuing MCSD vb6 at this point.

    > work with VB6 *and* dotNET, so am considering pursuing a certification
    > track....Would it be worth it to get the VB6 version just so that I can

    have
    > that one under my belt by the time it expires (the exams expire June

    2004)?

    > My motivation for pursuing the MCSD.VB6 would be as a validation, if not
    > proof, that I have a certain degree of "mastery". The MCSD.NET would be

    for

    Davin, Jun 30, 2003