RE: MCP Exma 70-270

Discussion in 'MCSA' started by Pete Jones MCSE:Security, Apr 8, 2008.

  1. "RogueIT" wrote:

    > CBT = Computer Based Training...Lectures, Simulators, and whatnot of that sort

    What he said.

    Loads of sites offer courses for MCP's, and I'm not going to point you
    towards any in particular. The one thing I can say is that Simulations help,
    as do practice exams that look and function like the real thing.

    Also, did you use the Second Shot voucher when you registered for the exam?
    One person that I have spoken to said that he took the first exam without
    studying, just so he would know what he was facing when he went in the next
    time. Whilst I can't recommend doing that to anyone, just knowing you have a
    free retake if you fail is one more thing that will relieve any stress when
    you go in there.
    Pete Jones MCSE:Security, Apr 8, 2008

  2. Pete Jones MCSE:Security

    Sarah Guest

    RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    Hi Pete,
    There is a special promotion that Prometrics are offering that your second
    try is for free if you fail. I am trying not to think of it in this way
    because I would like to pass it on my first go.
    The book that I have used did not come with a voucher. It was provided to me
    by the priviate institution that I went to study my course at.

    Sarah

    Sarah, Apr 9, 2008

  3. RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    "Sarah" wrote:
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/offers/secondshot/default.mspx

    Yeah, I think you mean this one. Basically you get a voucher that you put in
    when you book your first exam, V104FNFIKR or similar. But WRITE IT DOWN. If
    you don't pass the first time, you need to put it in again when you book the
    second try, or you don't get it free.

    That's about all the advice I have on this exam, so keep practicing and let
    us know how you do.

    Pete Jones MCSE:Security, Apr 9, 2008
  4. Pete Jones MCSE:Security

    Sarah Guest

    RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    Pete,

    Thankyou very much for your advise.
    I will let you know how I go.
    Have a great day :)

    Regards,

    Sarah Celea
    I.T Services
    Northern Health

    Sarah, Apr 10, 2008
  5. Pete Jones MCSE:Security

    Sarah Guest

    RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    Sarah, Apr 10, 2008
  6. Pete Jones MCSE:Security

    dale Guest

    RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    is no one going to mention that test king is a brain dump site and can get
    you decertified then?!

    dale, Apr 18, 2008
  7. RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    "dale" wrote:

    > is no one going to mention that test king is a brain dump site and can get
    > you decertified then?!

    I know not this Test King of which you speak, nor any details of his
    supposed soveriegnty over tests.

    However, standard rules of web-slander and net-libel apply: official links
    to material citing decertification, or STFU.
    Pete Jones MCSE:Security, Apr 18, 2008
  8. RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    Try Google. Or better yet, http://www.certguard.com/,
    http://www.certguard.com/decertified.asp,
    http://www.certguard.com/search.asp

    Michael D. Alligood [CertGuard, Inc.], Apr 19, 2008
  9. RE: MCP Exam 70-270

    yuan bo zheng, Dec 16, 2008