Re: MCDST

Discussion in 'Microsoft Certification' started by Shawn Hughes, Jul 8, 2004.

  1. Shawn Hughes

    Shawn Hughes Guest

    No errors for me; works just fine.

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but is there any known problems

    with the 70-272 Readiness Review test that comes with the MS Press book
    Desktop applications? I continually get the error: "can't open locate the
    specified database." I can't find any info through the Knowledge Base. Am
    running Win XP Home and exceed the system requirements to run. Thanks for
    any assistance.

    Shawn Hughes, Jul 8, 2004

  2. Shawn Hughes

    Steve Guest

    I believe the test is on Professional (I could be wrong
    though) If your using home you probably will get errors

    message

    Steve, Jul 8, 2004

  3. Shawn Hughes

    Shawn Hughes Guest

    I've got it running on xp professional but I wouldn't think that would make
    a difference. I'll go ahead and try it on XP Home right quick to make sure
    though.

    brb

    Shawn Hughes, Jul 8, 2004
  4. Shawn Hughes

    Shawn Hughes Guest

    Well it works just fine on a PIII800 running XP Home edition so.... did you
    try uninstalling and reinstalling? Did you install it off of the autoplay
    menu that pops up when you insert the cd?

    Shawn Hughes, Jul 8, 2004
  5. Shawn Hughes

    Shawn Hughes Guest

    Try the measureup chat support on this page:
    http://www.measureup.com/Site/display_article.aspx?AudienceID=Individuals&id=188

    "Dave" <> wrote in message
    > I have uninstalled and reinstalled twice. Both through the Autoplay and

    Explorer. Still get the can't ocate the specified database error. Running
    p42.4, Home Ed.

    Shawn Hughes, Jul 8, 2004