RE: MCDST vs A+

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Bobby, Sep 11, 2004.

  1. Bobby

    Bobby Guest

    Hi jsize,

    The difference between MCDST and A+ basically is the scope you want to get
    accustom to, as both are entry level certifications. MCDST dwell right into
    possible problems faced by end users on Microsoft technology and it focuses
    directly in XP versions. A+ coverage is much more broder and it covers not
    only operating systems but also hardware.

    However being in IT for 7 years, these certifications might not do you
    justice in signifying your experiences and perhaps your knowledge. From your
    brief description of your job, perhaps you should work for higher
    certifications like MCSA (for Microsoft) or CCNA (if you do work with Cisco
    routers and switches).

    Hope this helps.

    Bobby

    Bobby, Sep 11, 2004