Re: MCDST Study Guide

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Michael D. Alligood, Dec 7, 2006.

  1. Jo, in regards to the Bill Ferguson book; are you referring to his MCDST
    Sybex Deluxe Edition? If so, I cannot offer any opinion on this book
    because I have all but given up on Sybex. I did however look at the
    reviews on Amazon.com
    (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/cu.../105-3796319-2870056?ie=UTF8&n=283155&s=books)
    and they are not very favorable. I tend to use the Microsoft Press book
    and Resource Kits; along with online references like
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet.

    As far as practice tests are concerned, I am pleased and have used
    Transcenders, and MeasureUP. I rarely pay attention to my score however.
    I mainly use them to condition myself for the exam if I have not taken
    one in a while. Meaning the tests are long and wordy, so I use the
    practice exams as comparison to the actual exam environment. It is not
    the content I am ever worried about when taking an exam. It the sitting
    there for 45 minutes to 1 1/2 hours answering lengthy questions. Odd I
    know. :)

    --
    Michael D. Alligood
    MCSA, MCDST, MCP, A+,

    Michael D. Alligood, Dec 7, 2006

  2. Michael

    I have noticed you mention the fact about the time that it takes to take the
    test. I am betting you have made silly mistakes in the past due to this
    antsiness. I too have experienced this. It is hard to overcome. haha
    I always think to myself though when I am about to answer a question rashly,
    "Keith what are you doing that for? Come on! You have never ran out of time
    on a test. What's your hurry? Reread it and pay attention to what you are
    reading! WAKE UP and use your brain man!"

    LOL

    Keith Chilton, Dec 8, 2006

  3. Michael D. Alligood

    Doug MacKay Guest

    I have that book in front of me it is published by Sybex.

    I have not read it (yet) I am still absorbing the Microsoft books on the
    subject.

    I mainly picked up the book by Bill Ferguson and Brad Causey as a
    supplemental and or backup to the Microsoft books.

    Doug MacKay, Dec 17, 2006