Re: MCDST... A few questions.....

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Chad, Feb 23, 2004.

  1. Chad

    Chad Guest

    I took the exam today and passed. I have 3 years exp,
    but more 98 then 2000, and little XP. Most of the
    questions are common sense, this test was not at all as
    tricky as some of the MCSE exams. You should be fine.
    I'm going to take the next exam sometime this week, but I
    hear it is a little more difficult. I'll post my results
    after I take it.

    The only study I used was a book called the XP Bible. I
    used it to brush up on the differences between Home and
    Pro, since that was my weakest link. Rather then buy a
    book and read it from end to end, someone with experience
    already should look for information specific to their
    area of least knowledge instead of trying to go over
    everything.

    it this
    >saturday.
    >
    >1) How difficult is the exam considering I have been

    doing desktop
    >support for 3 years in a MS environment will I need much

    study?

    >2) Can anyone reccomend a book or what to read up on.

    My knowleadge
    >of IE and OE is not great should i read up on this?
    >
    >3) Are the questions simple troubleshooting questions?
    >
    >4) Are the questions easy to eliminate to find the

    correct one?

    ---------------

    Chad, Feb 23, 2004

  2. Chad

    Vince Guest

    Those 2 exams arent that difficilt. I had experience with
    98, and 2k support, and I only used xp a couple of times
    on one of my clients PCS. ANyways, I passed both betas
    and they werent that difficult. Just basic help desk
    scenerios and questions.
    Vince, Feb 23, 2004

  3. Good question on why OE is in the exam. This certification is meant to
    provide validation of skills needed to support Windows XP Professional
    running Office 2003 in a corporate environment (where Active Directory is in
    use) or Windows XP Home Edition in a home (workgroup) environment. For home
    support, Outlook Express and Internet Explorer are used, as well as multiple
    users on a single machine. That means you need to also know something about
    fast user switching and simple file sharing. In the prep guide for the exams
    (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-271.asp and
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/exams/70-272.asp), we talk about the two
    environments in the audience profile.

    Good luck!

    --
    Andy Ruth
    Microsoft Learning

    rights.

    Andy Ruth [MS], Feb 24, 2004
  4. Chad

    Guest Guest

    I took the 070-271 test today and I failed, 600-700, I
    have read that many of you took the exam and it wasnt too
    difficult, I have 4 years experience in desktop
    environment and this test was very different, some how I
    was confident on the first questions, and all of a sudden
    the questions started to turn very difficult and tricky,
    I am not sure but I think this test is adaptive, or there
    is a database with a lot of diferent test..I will go back
    in a week...wish me luck

    confers no

    -----------------

    Guest, Feb 25, 2004
  5. Chad

    Guest Guest

    I also failed it on my first go round. The test questions
    were not that bad at first, and then I got a bunch of
    questions that all the answers seemed like they could be
    the right answer, or three out of the four. I did not
    realize that I had to pass with 700, as someone told me
    that on the older tests you had to pass with 550. That is
    what I made, but for this particular exam, you have to
    pass with 700. I go back this next Monday. I hope I get
    the easy test that the most of you had.

    Guest, Feb 26, 2004