Re: master/slave terms banned

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Tony Sivori, Nov 25, 2003.

  1. Tony Sivori

    Tony Sivori Guest

    David K wrote:

    > LA County bans the terms Master and Slave when denoting hard disk
    > setups.
    >
    > http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/master.asp
    >
    > When will the A+ material be updated? Thanks.
    >
    > Hehe.

    Wow, I thought surely that must be a joke, but I guess truth is both
    stranger and funnier than fiction.

    Imagine the predicament of L.A. Plumbers. Think of all their incorrect and
    harassing language. Male, female, nipple, petcock and only plumbers know
    what else.

    On the other hand, 'nix computer techs have sniff, crack, finger, fsck,
    mount, umount and probably plenty of others I've overlooked.

    --
    Tony Sivori
    Tony Sivori, Nov 25, 2003