    the practicality of the start-up time of the disc drive or if the buffer is
    always ready, but it looks like a good choice for going on safari with a
    solar powered battery charger.
    Pike, Dec 5, 2003

  2. Pike

    Ron Hunter Guest

    Pike wrote:

    > I noticed the 5 megapic Sony CD camera at the mall yesterday. It takes
    > 30-40 pictures on a 156 mb. disc which sell for $1.50. I don't know about
    > the practicality of the start-up time of the disc drive or if the buffer is
    > always ready, but it looks like a good choice for going on safari with a
    > solar powered battery charger.

    Wouldn't it be better to use a 256 meg card that can be reused thousands
    of times? Yes, it costs more, initially, but it is MUCH less subject to
    damage and much faster as well.
    Ron Hunter, Dec 5, 2003

  3. Pike

    zbzbzb Guest

    >> I noticed the 5 megapic Sony CD camera at the mall yesterday. It takes
    >> 30-40 pictures on a 156 mb. disc which sell for $1.50. I don't know about
    >> the practicality of the start-up time of the disc drive or if the buffer is
    >> always ready, but it looks like a good choice for going on safari with a
    >> solar powered battery charger.
    >>

    >Wouldn't it be better to use a 256 meg card that can be reused thousands
    >of times? Yes, it costs more, initially, but it is MUCH less subject to
    >damage and much faster as well.

    Maybe so but is very nice to already have your images on CD. I think the idea
    is great and I think in the future there will be smaller CD like discs with
    much higher capacities, higher speed, that will be very inexpensive.
    zbzbzb, Dec 5, 2003
  4. Pike

    Lionello Guest

    I just returned from a tour of France, and I used an Apacer Disk Steno to
    write my camera cards to CD.
    It worked flawlessly, and I returned with 7 CD's of pictures.
    The only problem is that you don't know that it's working OK until you
    look at the CD's. Scary.
    Also, they don't have driver for Macintosh in the package.

    --
    Lionel
    www.cameraart.ca
    Lionello, Dec 5, 2003
  5. Pike

    Hornbill Guest

    The Apacer Disc Steno CP200 the newer version where you can plug directly
    into any television in the hotel and play back the cd like a projector with
    the remote control

    http://www.apacer.com/apacer_english/product_html/disc_stone_cp200.asp

    Hornbill, Dec 5, 2003