Re: Maori coax crimping tool.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Myftrefs Voleftrangler Snr., Jan 27, 2006.

  1. grumpyoldhori wrote:
    > Since I prefer to spend a little of my money on the water of
    > life,I look for some tricks to save a bob.
    >
    > I have been using some coax N connectors,mainly with the 213
    > coax.
    >
    > The clamp type can get a bit expensive,and I prefer a crimp
    > type.
    >
    > Now to buy a coax crimping tool, is close to $120 for a good one.

    (snip)

    > Go and spend the money you have saved on a bottle or two
    > of scotch.
    > grumpy

    Watch out, you'll have some "sensitive" (probably Pakeha) soul
    complaining about your calling it a *Maori* coax crimping tool meaning
    cheap and innovative, they'll say that's derogatory. There used to be
    lots of *Maori* things, either jokey-clever like "Maori overdrive" or
    involving lateral thinking but some people got their tits in a tangle
    about "put-downs". Pissed me off, I always thought they were celebratory!

    A L P
    Myftrefs Voleftrangler Snr., Jan 27, 2006

  2. Myftrefs Voleftrangler Snr. wrote:

    > Watch out, you'll have some "sensitive" (probably Pakeha) soul
    > complaining about your calling it a Maori coax crimping tool meaning
    > cheap and innovative, they'll say that's derogatory. There used to be
    > lots of Maori things, either jokey-clever like "Maori overdrive" or
    > involving lateral thinking but some people got their tits in a tangle
    > about "put-downs". Pissed me off, I always thought they were celebratory!

    Heh,heh,as my drivers have said,I treated them equally,
    black,white,and brindle,I was horrible to them all.

    I love those caring and sharing types,I told one about Maori
    overtime,which is when the lads worked the overtime,but did
    not get paid for it.

    But you are right,we do have a lot of bullshit now,about how
    Pakeha should be nice to their brown brothers.
    Funny,no one has told my wife yet,she believes all males are
    work dodging,idle gits.
    grumpy
    grumpyoldhori, Jan 27, 2006

  3. On , , Sat, 28 Jan 2006 01:51:27 +1300, Re: Maori coax crimping
    tool., "Myftrefs Voleftrangler Snr." <b|>
    wrote:

    >Watch out, you'll have some "sensitive" (probably Pakeha) soul
    >complaining about your calling it a *Maori* coax crimping tool meaning
    >cheap and innovative, they'll say that's derogatory. There used to be
    >lots of *Maori* things, either jokey-clever like "Maori overdrive"

    That was slipping the car out of gear going down long hills,
    right?
    We had a maori lawnmower for years until it tried to climb the
    monkey puzzle tree and hanged itself one night.
    Running with scissors, Jan 30, 2006