Re: Manhattan Project type films

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Bexley, Aug 3, 2003.

  1. Bexley

    Bexley Guest

    If you're into the spectacle, check out "Trinity And Beyond". This documentary,
    narrated by William Shattner, uses declassified and digitally restored footage
    of the 300 US nuclear tests (yes, THREE HUNDRED) that took place after Trinity.
    It includes High Atmospheric, Underground, and Undersea tests.

    The image quality is stunning. I believe this stuff was transferred from second
    generation 35 neg -- anyway, it looks like it was shot yesterday.

    But the truly frightening element is how little they know when they detonate
    these things (gives a new meaning to the word "tests"). You see troops
    panicking, soldiers marching into tactical fallout, and a hydrogen bomb missile
    test where the missile doesn't leave the pad... You can guess how they
    discovered the EMP.

    Scary stuff...

    --Bex..
    --
    -- For Lucky best wash, use Mr. Sparkle! --

    Bexley, Aug 3, 2003

  2. Bexley

    Jay Stewart Guest

    "Bexley" <> wrote in message
    > If you're into the spectacle, check out "Trinity And Beyond". This

    documentary,
    > narrated by William Shattner, uses declassified and digitally restored

    footage
    > of the 300 US nuclear tests (yes, THREE HUNDRED) that took place after

    Trinity.
    > It includes High Atmospheric, Underground, and Undersea tests.
    >
    > The image quality is stunning. I believe this stuff was transferred from

    second
    > generation 35 neg -- anyway, it looks like it was shot yesterday.
    >
    > But the truly frightening element is how little they know when they

    detonate
    > these things (gives a new meaning to the word "tests"). You see troops
    > panicking, soldiers marching into tactical fallout, and a hydrogen bomb

    missile
    > test where the missile doesn't leave the pad... You can guess how they
    > discovered the EMP.
    >
    > Scary stuff...
    >
    > --Bex..

    I heartily second this recommendation - cool 3-D extras included in the one
    I have.

    Jay Stewart, Aug 3, 2003