Re: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Craig Sutton, Apr 28, 2009.

  1. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message
    news:49f7440a$0$31189$...
    > Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
    > There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
    > No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have a
    > number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
    > recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
    > Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
    > Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
    > anyone had actually used it.
    > TIA

    Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
    realtime file scanning like NOD32.
    Craig Sutton, Apr 28, 2009

  2. Craig Sutton

    Cima Guest

    On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton" <>
    wrote:

    >"Michael" <> wrote in message
    >> Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
    >> There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
    >> No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have a
    >> number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
    >> recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
    >> Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
    >> Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
    >> anyone had actually used it.
    >> TIA
    >>

    >Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
    >realtime file scanning like NOD32.

    It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like AntiVirus Pro
    2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.

    SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've bothered with
    Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.
    Cima, Apr 28, 2009

  3. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Cima" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
    > <>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>"Michael" <> wrote in message
    >>> Has anyone here tried Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program?
    >>> There is a freeware version and a payfor version.
    >>> No I'm not connected, just have a friends computer that appears to have
    >>> number of virii or Trojans etc and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware has been
    >>> recommended as being one that will kill them. Already tried Spy-bot and
    >>> Adaware and a couple of others with no success.
    >>> Yes I have checked the web for comments/reports but was wondering if
    >>> anyone had actually used it.
    >>> TIA
    >>>

    >>Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
    >>realtime file scanning like NOD32.
    >>

    > It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like
    > AntiVirus Pro
    > 2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.
    >
    > SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've bothered
    > with
    > Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.

    I updated spybot the other day. It went from 100000 spyware components
    detected to over 500000+
    Had previoously updated it 2 months ago.
    Craig Sutton, Apr 29, 2009
  4. Craig Sutton

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Michael" <> wrote in message

    > "Cima" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 06:15:34 +1200, "Craig Sutton"
    >> <>
    >> wrote:
    >>

    >>>"Michael" <> wrote in message
    >>>>

    >>>Yes its the best, but they should be using a GOOD virus scanner with
    >>>realtime file scanning like NOD32.
    >>>

    >> It's very good, fixes most of those bogus security suites/AVs like
    >> AntiVirus Pro
    >> 2009 and the sneakily named MS Antispyware 2009.
    >>
    >> SuperAntiSpyware is also another one worth trying. Can't say I've
    >> bothered with
    >> Spybot or Adaware for a couple of years now.
    >>

    > Thanks to all those that answered. I used it and it worked very well.
    > Great proggy.
    >
    > Michael

    How many hits did it get?

    PrevX 3 is another interesting program.
    Craig Sutton, Apr 29, 2009
  5. In message <49f9b676$0$31192$>, Michael wrote:

    > Glad it worked because the next step was an XP reinstall.
    > Mind you, that may have been faster in the long run LOL.

    Windows: how much is your time worth?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, May 1, 2009