Re: Making Italian Lasagna

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Leonard Lehew, Feb 4, 2005.

  1. On 4 Feb 2005 00:01:44 -0800, "Lisa Horton"
    <> wrote:

    >Hi. I want to cook/bake a Lasagna for the first time. Will I need to
    >buy fresh pasta, or can I use the dry in the box? They also sell the
    >dry kind that you don't need to boil; is that any good? Should I make
    >my own meat sauce, or is there a decent kind of meat sauce that comes
    >in a jar or can? What types of cheese do I need, ricotta and
    >mozzerella, thats all?
    >
    >Any advice would be a big help. Recipes would be even bigger.
    >
    >Thanks!
    >
    >A Newlywed

    You don't need to make fresh pasta. You can buy the standard kind,
    (which you need to boil first), or you can get the no-boil kind. I
    prefer the regular kind, and to me the no-boil kind doesn't save time.
    You can just boil the noodles while you are preparing the sauce.

    For good measure, here's one of my favorite lasagne recipes...

    Cheers,

    Leonard

    @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

    Larry's Lasagne

    main courses, pasta

    12 ounces lasagna noodles; boiled and drained
    1 cup onion; chopped
    1/2 cup olive oil
    2 tablespoons butter
    2 cloves garlic; minced
    2 pounds ground beef
    1/2 pound salami; chopped
    1 teaspoon nutmeg; ground
    1/2 teaspoon allspice; ground
    1/4 teaspoon red pepper; crushed
    3 cups tomato sauce
    1/2 cup parmesan cheese; grated
    5 ounces mozzarella cheese; crumbled
    5 ounces provolone cheese; crumbled
    black pepper (fresh); ground

    Saute onion in combined olive oil and butter until translucent.

    Add garlic and saute about 5 minutes.

    Add beef and salami and cook until beef is done (about 15 min.),
    stirring
    frequently.

    Add spices, cover and simmer for 15 min, stirring frequently.

    This lasagne is made with 4 layers of noodles, three of meat.

    Pour about 1/4" of tomato sauce in bottom of a baking dish. Put one
    layer
    of noodles on top fo the sauce. Add 1/3 of the meat mixture and
    sprinkle
    with parmesan. Add 1/3 of the mozzarella and provolone.

    Repeat twice ending with a layer of noodles.

    Pour 1 cup of tomato sauce on top.

    Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.

    Heat rest of tomato sauce and serve with lasagne.

    Cuisine:
    "Italian"

    Contributor: Larry Corder

    Yield: 8 serving
    Leonard Lehew, Feb 4, 2005

  2. rotfl!!
    a real lasagna need less ingredients, for sure.
    My second passion is cuisine, Trust me.

    ciao ragazzi,
    Stefano
    --