Re: MailWasher Pro

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Anyone using this program for checking their hotmail emails? Just like to
    >>know if this feature actually works, as I have tried this on 5 other hotmail
    >>accounts and they all said wrong username or password?

    >Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

    Yes it can.

    >Hotmail is not pop 3.

    Just found that out?

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...

    - Panama!"

    - Guy Steele Jr., CLTL2
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 18, 2003

  2. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Joe Bloggs Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:13:26 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    <> wrote:

    >Barry OGrady <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 18:25:13 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Anyone using this program for checking their hotmail emails? Just like to
    >>>know if this feature actually works, as I have tried this on 5 other hotmail
    >>>accounts and they all said wrong username or password?

    >>Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

    >Yes it can.

    I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

    >>Hotmail is not pop 3.

    >Just found that out?

    x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD
    Joe Bloggs, Aug 18, 2003

  3. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Tim Guest

    Outlook is pop3 so of course it will work.

    Tim, Aug 18, 2003
  4. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Tim Guest

    Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
    v3.1?

    Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
    always says either username or password is incorrect?

    TIA
    Tim, Aug 19, 2003
  5. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Boomer Guest

    Tim said:

    > Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you
    > using v3.1?
    >
    > Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I
    > do, it always says either username or password is incorrect?
    >
    > TIA

    Hi
    Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    in your reply?
    (Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)

    It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    others
    have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Further info:

    Thank You Very Much :)
    Boomer, Aug 19, 2003
  6. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:54:01 +0100, Joe Bloggs <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:13:26 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >>Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >>>Mailwasher can't be used on hotmail.

    >>Yes it can.

    >I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

    Hotmail want to force people to see their adverts, which they could not do if they
    allowed the use of ordinary email programs such as mailwasher.

    >>>Hotmail is not pop 3.

    >>Just found that out?

    It's fairly common knowledge, and done for the reason above.

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Aug 19, 2003
  7. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 18:55:03 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <> wrote:

    >Outlook is pop3 so of course it will work.

    Outlook is not pop3 when used with hotmail, so of course it won't work.

    >> I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

    >> >Just found that out?

    >> x-- 100 Proof News - http://www.100ProofNews.com
    >> x-- 3,500+ Binary NewsGroups, and over 90,000 other groups
    >> x-- Access to over 800 Gigs/Day - $8.95/Month
    >> x-- UNLIMITED DOWNLOAD

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Aug 19, 2003
  8. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On 19 Aug 2003 07:44:03 GMT, Boomer <> wrote:

    >Tim said:

    >> Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you
    >> using v3.1?
    >>
    >> Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I
    >> do, it always says either username or password is incorrect?
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>

    >Hi
    >Could you please include some of the message you are responding to,
    > in your reply?
    >(Tools> Options> Send tab, tick the "Include message in Reply" box.)
    >
    >It makes it difficult to follow a thread when you write a reply and
    >others have no clue on what the question or discussion was about.

    Sometimes, as in the case you quoted, it is not necessary, as all the required
    information is in the post.

    >Further info:
    > http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote2.html
    > http://www.greenend.org.uk/rjk/2000/06/14/quoting.html
    >
    >Thank You Very Much :)

    -Barry
    ========
    Voicemail/fax number +14136227640
    Barry OGrady, Aug 19, 2003
  9. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Tim Guest

    So really the options given on MailWasher is useless?

    "Barry OGrady" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:31:59 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <> wrote:

    > >Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
    > >v3.1?
    > >
    > >Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
    > >always says either username or password is incorrect?

    > Hotmail is paid for by advertising. If you could use an email program such

    as

    Tim, Aug 19, 2003
  10. Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 06:31:59 +0000 (UTC), "Tim" <> wrote:

    >>Those who said they can get MailWasher to work on hotmail, are you using
    >>v3.1?
    >>
    >>Can you tell me how you managed to get it working as what ever I do, it
    >>always says either username or password is incorrect?

    >Hotmail is paid for by advertising. If you could use an email program such as
    >mailwasher you could avoid the advertising, so hotmail don't allow it.

    Talking shit again, Barry?

    (Answer: yes.)

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003
  11. "Tim" <> wrote:

    >So really the options given on MailWasher is useless?

    Not at all. Where, exactly, are you having difficulties? Simply add
    your hotmail account details into the relevant fields.

    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003
  12. Barry OGrady <> wrote:

    >On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:54:01 +0100, Joe Bloggs <> wrote:
    >
    >>On Mon, 18 Aug 2003 16:13:26 +0100, Monsignor Larville Jones MD
    >><> wrote:

    >>>Yes it can.

    >>I use it with Outlook (not OE) and it works well!

    >Hotmail want to force people to see their adverts, which they could not do if they
    >allowed the use of ordinary email programs such as mailwasher.

    Idiot. You're an idiot.

    >>>Just found that out?

    >It's fairly common knowledge, and done for the reason above.

    BWAetc...

    --
    zar 2k3 - ULC Reverend
    NuMbEr Tr3#3!!!!11! on a lits...
    Monsignor Larville Jones MD, Aug 20, 2003
  13. Monsignor Larville Jones MD

    Tim Guest

    Yes, accessing my hotmail emails via IE is okay.

    "Monsignor Larville Jones MD" <> wrote in message
    > "Tim" <> wrote:

    > >Okay, I go to TOOLS, ACCOUNTS and click on ADD. It ask for "Which type of
    > >email account would you like to add?", so I select HOTMAIL. I type the

    name
    > >for this account in the MAIL ACCOUNT, and enter my full hotmail email
    > >address and password in the INCOMING MAIL Selected HOTMAIL as the server
    > >(also tried MSN HOTMAIL). Clicked OK.
    > >
    > >Now when I click CHECK MAIL, after some time I get the following message.
    > >
    > >(WINDOW BOX)
    > >"The authentication failed for Hotmail account HOTMAIL ():
    > >Bad username or password"
    > >
    > >(WINDOW BOX)
    > >"Please enter your email address and password for the following server:
    > >Logon
    > >Server: Hotmail
    > >
    > >Hotmail address:
    > >Password:"
    > >
    > >(WINDOW BOX)
    > >Session encountered errors
    > >Account: Hotmail
    > >Session details: Session 8 (date and time)
    > >Error: Bad username or password
    > >
    > >That's the exact problem I am getting, I have tried other hotmail

    accounts

    Tim, Aug 20, 2003