Re: Mail tip

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Desk Rabbit, Nov 11, 2008.

  1. Desk Rabbit

    Desk Rabbit Guest

    Alfred wrote:
    > Just changed my ISP. Much faster and doesn't block newsgroups.
    > However doesn't do email except as an extra.

    Doesn't do email as in doesn't provide POP3 / IMAP or doesn't do email
    as in doesn't provide an outbound SMTP server (Unusual but not impossible)?

    Which ISP are we talking about here?

    > I already have email
    > services in with my domain hosting but the smtp server suddenly
    > stopped working friday night and their support only works office
    > hours.

    Thats crap service even for a free service.

    > A search for free smtp brought up the fact that google mail
    > will allow you to post using their server if you register for a free
    > acoount.

    > Problem solved although I'm looking at the possibility of my
    > own smtp server.

    You'd still need to send via a "smarthost" or have fixed IP, reverse DNS
    and SPF in place to ensure that your mail could actually be sent.

    P.S. Do you own invalid.co.uk or have their permission to use their
    domain name?

    Domain name:
    invalid.co.uk

    Registrant:
    ASAP Venture Ltd

    Registrant type:
    UK Limited Company, (Company number: 4278063)

    Registrant's address:
    1 The Square
    Lightwater
    GU18 5SS