Re: Mail tip

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by richard, Nov 8, 2008.

  1. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:39:11 +0000, Alfred <>
    wrote:

    >Just changed my ISP. Much faster and doesn't block newsgroups.
    >However doesn't do email except as an extra. I already have email
    >services in with my domain hosting but the smtp server suddenly
    >stopped working friday night and their support only works office
    >hours. A search for free smtp brought up the fact that google mail
    >will allow you to post using their server if you register for a free
    >acoount. Problem solved although I'm looking at the possibility of my
    >own smtp server. Need to google when time permits

    practically every decent host has mail service and gives you an smtp
    server to use. You don't post to newsgroups through the smtp if
    that's what you're wondering about. The only way that can be done is
    by using a remailer.

    Perhaps your problem is that you haven't got the settings right.

    richard, Nov 8, 2008

  2. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:32:20 +0000, Alfred <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 07:17:02 -0800, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 13:39:11 +0000, Alfred <>
    >>wrote:
    >>

    >>>Just changed my ISP. Much faster and doesn't block newsgroups.
    >>>However doesn't do email except as an extra. I already have email
    >>>services in with my domain hosting but the smtp server suddenly
    >>>stopped working friday night and their support only works office
    >>>hours. A search for free smtp brought up the fact that google mail
    >>>will allow you to post using their server if you register for a free
    >>>acoount. Problem solved although I'm looking at the possibility of my
    >>>own smtp server. Need to google when time permits

    >>practically every decent host has mail service and gives you an smtp
    >>server to use.

    >Mine does but it fell over on friday night and will not be looked at
    >until monday morning
    >
    >>You don't post to newsgroups through the smtp if
    >>that's what you're wondering about. The only way that can be done is
    >>by using a remailer.

    >I'm well aware of how NGs work having been posting since 1994
    >

    >>Perhaps your problem is that you haven't got the settings right.

    >Perhaps your problem is an inability to understand written english

    Your problem is writing and comprehension at the same time.
    If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
    then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.

    Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

    richard, Nov 8, 2008

  3. richard

    Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:20:42 -0800, richard <>
    wrote:

    >Your problem is writing and comprehension at the same time.

    Your problem is... shit, where to begin....

    >If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
    >then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.
    >
    >Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

    "I already have email services in with my domain hosting but the smtp
    server suddenly stopped working friday night and their support only
    works office hours."

    Read much?

    Evan Platt, Nov 8, 2008
  4. richard

    richard Guest

    On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 22:48:49 +0000, Alfred <>
    wrote:

    >On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 14:20:42 -0800, richard <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >>On Sat, 08 Nov 2008 15:32:20 +0000, Alfred <>
    >>wrote:

    >>>Mine does but it fell over on friday night and will not be looked at
    >>>until monday morning

    >>>I'm well aware of how NGs work having been posting since 1994

    >>>Perhaps your problem is an inability to understand written english

    >>Your problem is writing and comprehension at the same time.
    >>If your ISP hosted the webspace as a freebee, along with the email,
    >>then like duh, you ain't gonna get the email no way no how.

    >No moron
    >My web hosting company supplies email. The smtp server fell over
    >ouytside of office hours.
    >
    >Web hosting company is not an ISP
    >>
    >>Not a customer? No service. Capiche?

    >Cupid stunt!