Re: MagicJack Question

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by TeeJay1952, Apr 6, 2009.

  1. TeeJay1952

    TeeJay1952 Guest

    Ernie Willson wrote:
    > I bought a MagicJack a while ago. It worked perfectly when connected to
    > the USB port on the front of my computer. After a while I started
    > getting a message to the effect that the device in the (front)USB port
    > was unrecognized. I then put the Magicjack into another USB port (bask
    > of the same computer) and it works.
    >
    > Can someone tell me how to get this thing to work with the first USB
    > port, and tell me what is wrong?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > EJ in NJ

    IMHO (in my humble opinion) USB carries power. Small discrepancies can
    kill a port. If deleting it and letting plug & play reinstall doesn't
    solve the problem I recommend a powered USB hub:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9066681&st=usb port&type=product&id=1218022586670

    It will plug into back, give you extra ports (in front of machine) and
    not tax the USB bus.

    Good Luck
    Tee Jay
    TeeJay1952, Apr 6, 2009