Re: Macrovision

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Anonymous Joe, Sep 2, 2003.

  1. "Dr. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 30 Aug 2003 23:48:10 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote:
    >
    > >"Dr. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message

    > >> Macovision is there for a reason.
    > >>
    > >> Why would you want to copy a DVD to tape??
    > >> And please stop with blaming the kids for your piracy. Do you have any

    > >idea how many times this sorry excuse
    > >> has been used? Learn to control your kids! If you really have any.
    > >>
    > >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    > >Well, Dr, if you even do have a Ph.D, otherwise you are falsifying your

    own
    > >name, and that isn't very moral, is it?
    > >
    > >One thing I know for certain about you is that you either have no kids,

    or
    > >your last child was born before 1972, making them 18 in 1990, so they

    would
    > >be good around CDs.
    > >
    > >How do I know? Only someone that has never seen children handling discs
    > >would ever say that. It only takes ONE time for the disc to be damaged.
    > >
    > >Need more proof? Go down to your local blockbuster, if you even have one

    in
    > >your backwards hick-town you must be from, and rent something that is

    sort
    > >of old, but still popular on DVD. Look at that disc, it is all

    scratched,
    > >marked, gouged, damaged. It plays, but would you want to count on it?
    > >Would you want to pay $20 for this disc you are looking at?
    > >
    > >Exactly, the ownership of a DVD is such quality would be quite
    > >disappointing, and not desired.
    > >
    > >What's else, children do not know the difference between DVD quality and

    VHS
    > >quality. You can easily fool them, and a tape is easier for children to
    > >use, particularly if there is any surround sound to be involved.
    > >
    > >Anyone truly intent upon pirating a DVD will not use a VCR, and they will
    > >probably not use a DVD recorder, as they will loose such things as the

    menu.
    > >This only leaves a PC with DVD+/-R(W) drive to be used. Since he does

    not
    > >have one, this won't be happening, and thus the main idea behind DVD
    > >pirating does not exist for this person.
    > >
    > >Before you go off and accuse random innocent people of being pirates,
    > >remember these two things:
    > >
    > >1) Copyright laws allow anybody who has ownership of any purchased media

    > >copy it as they want, for backup purposes. It does NOT allow them to

    sell
    > >or distribute this copy. Anybody still in possesion of an older media

    can
    > >download a copy from the Internet, from a warez site or P2P, legally.

    This
    > >is to say, if I have the original 1963 LP Beatles - Please Please Me, I

    can
    > >legally download all the songs on that album and burn it to CD, since I

    have
    > >the original recording, and everybody has been paid. I could also

    download
    > >the MP3s if I bought a casette tape of it, and burn that to MP3. I can

    also
    > >create the MP3s myself, by converting the LP to a WAV file, or the

    casette
    > >tape to a WAV file. This also applies to movies, since they are

    copyrighted
    > >in the same way. If I have an old VHS copy of something, I can download

    the
    > >divx rip on the Internet and convert it to SVCD, or DVD, and keep that.

    > >could also do that myself with a decent capture card and PC. What it

    does
    > >NOT entitle me to do is bring my old VHS tape into, say, Wal-Mart, and

    ask
    > >for the DVD because I already own the VHS.
    > >
    > >2) Do you have now, or have ever had at any time in your (presumably

    short)
    > >existence a file, a tape, a CD, a DVD, or any other media that had any
    > >copyrighted works on it that you had not paid for, not paid for in full,

    or
    > >not paid for at an earlier time?
    > >
    > >Now, Speedbyrd, given your reputation around here, I expect to have all
    > >sorts of obscenities hurled in my direction from somebody very far away

    and
    > >4' off the ground.
    > >

    > Don't you wish you were worth so much energy on my part?
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    I think your a fucking narc, so bite me.

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 2, 2003

  2. On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 12:21:52 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote:

    >> >Now, Speedbyrd, given your reputation around here, I expect to have all
    >> >sorts of obscenities hurled in my direction from somebody very far away

    >and
    >> >4' off the ground.
    >> >

    >> Don't you wish you were worth so much energy on my part?
    >>
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >I think your a fucking narc, so bite me.

    I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of 'your' and 'you're'.
    Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time for the little people; least of
    all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat shit what you think of me. All clear on that, junior?

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Prof. Speedbyrd, Sep 2, 2003

  3. "Prof. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message

    all

    away
    > >and
    > >> >

    > >> Don't you wish you were worth so much energy on my part?
    > >>
    > >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    > >I think your a fucking narc, so bite me.
    > >

    > I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of

    'your' and 'you're'.
    > Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time

    for the little people; least of
    > all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat shit what you think of me.

    All clear on that, junior?

    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
    to the Dr.?

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 2, 2003
  4. Anonymous Joe

    Jim D Guest

    Prof. Speedbyrd <> wrote in

    >>I think your a fucking narc, so bite me.
    >>

    > I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses
    > of 'your' and 'you're'. Learn to speak like a civilized person before
    > you address me. I've no time for the little people; least of all,
    > uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat shit what you think of me.
    > All clear on that, junior?
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Now that is funny. SpeedByrd has been bitch slapped hard over his own
    stupidity. The first thing he does is heads out and trolls others with his
    attempts at superiority. Back to the playground Speedy. Deal with your
    own issues first. LOL

    Jim D, Sep 2, 2003
  5. On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:25:13 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote:

    >"Prof. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message

    >all

    >away
    >> >and

    >> >I think your a fucking narc, so bite me.
    >> >

    >> I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of

    >'your' and 'you're'.
    >> Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no time

    >for the little people; least of
    >> all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat shit what you think of me.

    >All clear on that, junior?
    >>
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
    >to the Dr.?

    I took a night course!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Prof. Speedbyrd, Sep 3, 2003
  6. Anonymous Joe

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <8L15b.155432$>, Anonymous
    Joe <> wrote:

    > I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
    > to the Dr.?

    Surname? Dude, buy a dictionary. As for the reason he's changed the
    *title* that goes along with his screen name, I'm guessing it's because
    too many people PLONKED him as Dr. Speedbyrd.

    Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

    Max Volume, Sep 3, 2003
  7. Anonymous Joe

    The byurd Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 01:32:10 GMT, Max Volume <> wrote:

    >In article <8L15b.155432$>, Anonymous
    >Joe <> wrote:
    >
    >> I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What happened
    >> to the Dr.?

    >Surname? Dude, buy a dictionary. As for the reason he's changed the
    >*title* that goes along with his screen name, I'm guessing it's because
    >too many people PLONKED him as Dr. Speedbyrd.
    >
    >Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

    Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    The byurd, Sep 3, 2003
  8. The byurd <> wrote in

    >>Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

    > Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    You are a troubled youth. Does you Mommy know what you are doing?

    Wile E. Coyote, Sep 3, 2003
  9. Anonymous Joe

    Max Volume Guest

    In article <>, The byurd
    <> wrote:

    > Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!

    I'm sorry, what was that? I wasn't listePLONK!!!!

    Max Volume, Sep 3, 2003
  10. On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:16:53 GMT, "Wile E. Coyote" <> wrote:

    >The byurd <> wrote in
    >
    >>>Not that it's going to stop me from plonking him AGAIN, though.

    >> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!
    >>
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >You are a troubled youth. Does you Mommy know what you are doing?

    No but she knows that changing your ID will no longer bring you into my view. My filters are a bit more
    extensive than yours. So long, douchebag. You can hide alright. Better than you think !! LOL!!!! Sucker!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Prof. Speedbyrd, Sep 3, 2003
  11. Anonymous Joe

    GUess Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 02:28:14 GMT, Max Volume <> wrote:

    >In article <>, The byurd
    ><> wrote:
    >
    >> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!

    >I'm sorry, what was that? I wasn't listePLONK!!!!

    Sure you were!! LOL!!!!

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    GUess, Sep 3, 2003
  12. Anonymous Joe

    GUess, Sep 3, 2003
  13. Anonymous Joe

    Sammy Guest

    Prof. Speedbyrd <> wrote in

    >>> Guess it didn't work this time either, HUH????!! LOL!!!
    >>>
    >>> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >>You are a troubled youth. Does you Mommy know what you are doing?

    > No but she knows that changing your ID will no longer bring you into
    > my view. My filters are a bit more extensive than yours. So long,
    > douchebag. You can hide alright. Better than you think !! LOL!!!!
    > Sucker!
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Oops, reading this again LameByrd? LOL, BTW why are you running and
    hiding? Are you admitting that you got owned? I have no filters set,
    never had the need to hide like a pussy. ROTFLMAO

    Sammy, Sep 3, 2003

    wrote:

    > >all

    > >away

    > >> I think you are uneducated as you can't distinguish the various uses of

    > >'your' and 'you're'.
    > >> Learn to speak like a civilized person before you address me. I've no

    time
    > >for the little people; least of
    > >> all, uneducated ones. I also don't give a rat shit what you think of

    me.
    > >All clear on that, junior?
    > >>
    > >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    > >I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What

    happened
    > >to the Dr.?
    > >

    > I took a night course!
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    You've changed your name several times in this thread alone. First you had
    Dr. Speedbyrd ©, then Dr. Speedbyrd :>, then you stopped signing stuff for a
    while and you got normal responses, although you were more civil, then you
    have just recently announced that you are Professor Speedbyrd.

    Something tells me you have yet to graduate middle school....

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 3, 2003
  15. Anonymous Joe

    P. Speedbyrd Guest

    On Wed, 03 Sep 2003 18:14:16 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote:

    >"Prof. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 02 Sep 2003 14:25:13 GMT, "Anonymous Joe" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >"Prof. Speedbyrd" <> wrote in message

    >> >all
    >> >away

    >> >'your' and 'you're'.

    >time
    >> >for the little people; least of

    >me.
    >> >All clear on that, junior?

    >> >I noticed you have changed your surname, PROFESSOR Speedbyrd. What

    >happened
    >> >to the Dr.?
    >> >

    >> I took a night course!
    >>
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >You've changed your name several times in this thread alone. First you had
    >Dr. Speedbyrd ©, then Dr. Speedbyrd :>, then you stopped signing stuff for a
    >while and you got normal responses, although you were more civil, then you
    >have just recently announced that you are Professor Speedbyrd.
    >
    >Something tells me you have yet to graduate middle school....

    Are you finished?

    Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    P. Speedbyrd, Sep 4, 2003

    wrote:

    have

    far

    of

    no
    > >time

    of
    > >me.

    > >happened
    > >> >

    > >> I took a night course!
    > >>
    > >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    > >You've changed your name several times in this thread alone. First you

    had
    > >Dr. Speedbyrd ©, then Dr. Speedbyrd :>, then you stopped signing stuff

    for a
    > >while and you got normal responses, although you were more civil, then

    you
    > >have just recently announced that you are Professor Speedbyrd.
    > >
    > >Something tells me you have yet to graduate middle school....
    > >

    > Are you finished?
    >
    > Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    It depends, is this the final word?

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 4, 2003

    wrote:

> [...]

    <>

    > >have

    very
    > >far

    uses
    > >of

    I've
    > >no

    think
    > >of

    you
    > >had

    > >for a

    > >you

    > >> Are you finished?
    > >>
    > >> Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    > >It depends, is this the final word?
    > >

    > I wll have the final word and you will disappear when it no longer pleases

    me to converse.

    > Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    I see, then, Professor, if that is your real title, I will have the final
    word, and barring your replies, this is it.

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 5, 2003
  18. Anonymous Joe

    Dr. Bird Guest

    >> >It depends, is this the final word?
    >> >

    >> I wll have the final word and you will disappear when it no longer pleases

    >me to converse.
    >>
    >> Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    >I see, then, Professor, if that is your real title, I will have the final
    >word, and barring your replies, this is it.

    No, I don't believe it is.

    BTW, before you waste your time with the foolishness of changing your id, keep in mind that my filters will
    eliminate ANY message headers, visible or otherwise, so when I wish you to disappear, you WILL disappear.
    Just like now!! I pronounce you officially, DISMISSED!!
    So long you inbred fuckwad!

    Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    Dr. Bird, Sep 6, 2003
  19. "Dr. Bird" <> wrote in message

    > >> I wll have the final word and you will disappear when it no longer

    pleases
    > >me to converse.
    > >>
    > >> Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    > >I see, then, Professor, if that is your real title, I will have the final
    > >word, and barring your replies, this is it.
    > >

    > No, I don't believe it is.
    >
    > BTW, before you waste your time with the foolishness of changing your id,

    keep in mind that my filters will
    > eliminate ANY message headers, visible or otherwise, so when I wish you to

    disappear, you WILL disappear.
    > Just like now!! I pronounce you officially, DISMISSED!!
    > So long you inbred fuckwad!
    >
    > Prof. Speedbyrd :>

    Dirty negro. Die bitch.

    Anonymous Joe, Sep 7, 2003