Re: Macrovision

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Spot, Aug 31, 2003.

  1. Spot

    Spot Guest

    On 29 Aug 2003 19:41:23 -0500, Dr. Speedbyrd <> wrote:

    >On Fri, 29 Aug 2003 20:05:06 GMT, Brazz <> wrote:

    >>>Macovision is there for a reason.
    >>>
    >>>Why would you want to copy a DVD to tape??
    >>>And please stop with blaming the kids for your piracy. Do you have any idea how many times this sorry excuse
    >>>has been used? Learn to control your kids! If you really have any.
    >>>
    >>> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >>Why don't you simply answer his goddamned question instead of
    >>pretending to moralize? He may have perfectly good reasons for
    >>copying a DVD to tape, and whatever they are, they're none of my
    >>business.

    >Why don't you mind your own fucking business! I'm not going to contribute to his piracy.
    >>
    >>You may wish to find a program called DVD Ghost, it removes copy
    >>protection & region restriction on-the-fly, and is probably
    >>tailor-made for what you need. Or you could feed the DVD video signal
    >>through a synch regenerator like the Sima Color Corrector Pro device,
    >>about $100 from on-line suppliers. Or you could rip the video with
    >>DVD Decrypter or Smartripper, then put the ripped files onto a virtual
    >>drive (Alcohol 100%) and play/copy the result. But be aware that even
    >>an S-VHS copy will not provide the picture quality you have with DVD.
    >>

    >You can also buy FUCKING Discs and train the kids to leave them alone!
    >
    > Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    Hey Dr. I was just wondering if anyone has used this abrasive tone
    with you that caused you to change your mind on something. I doubt it
    as it is the least effective form of persuasion.
    Spot, Aug 31, 2003

  2. On 31 Aug 2003 13:17:05 -0500, Spot <> wrote:

    >On 29 Aug 2003 19:41:23 -0500, Dr. Speedbyrd <> wrote:

    >>>Why don't you simply answer his goddamned question instead of
    >>>pretending to moralize? He may have perfectly good reasons for
    >>>copying a DVD to tape, and whatever they are, they're none of my
    >>>business.

    >>Why don't you mind your own fucking business! I'm not going to contribute to his piracy.
    >>>
    >>>You may wish to find a program called DVD Ghost, it removes copy
    >>>protection & region restriction on-the-fly, and is probably
    >>>tailor-made for what you need. Or you could feed the DVD video signal
    >>>through a synch regenerator like the Sima Color Corrector Pro device,
    >>>about $100 from on-line suppliers. Or you could rip the video with
    >>>DVD Decrypter or Smartripper, then put the ripped files onto a virtual
    >>>drive (Alcohol 100%) and play/copy the result. But be aware that even
    >>>an S-VHS copy will not provide the picture quality you have with DVD.
    >>>

    >>You can also buy FUCKING Discs and train the kids to leave them alone!
    >>
    >> Dr. Speedbyrd :>

    >Hey Dr. I was just wondering if anyone has used this abrasive tone
    >with you that caused you to change your mind on something. I doubt it
    >as it is the least effective form of persuasion.

    Your opinion is duly noted. Now what?

    Dr. Speedbyrd :>
    Dr. Speedbyrd, Sep 1, 2003