Re: Macros

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by PeterN, Mar 17, 2013.

  1. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/17/2013 2:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-16 05:24:44 -0700, Alan Browne
    > <> said:
    >

    >> http://memolition.com/2013/03/15/the-very-best-of-macro-photography-27-pi
    >> ctures/

    > Great stuff!!
    >
    > I have two apps for my iPad, 500px and the Guardian "Eyewitness" apps
    > and I have been immersing myself in some of the amazing images presented
    > in both.
    > 500px provides shots of incredible quality in their app, including these
    > macros;
    > < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/500px-001.PNG >
    > < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/500px-002.PNG >
    >
    > "Eyewitness" runs a continuous free gallery of 50 images, adding new
    > shot and removing the oldest each day. They offer a different access for
    > a subscription;
    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Jan 25, 10 54 34 PM.png
    >

    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Feb 20, 1 53 33 PM.png
    >

    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 07, 5 06 27 AM.png
    >

    > ...and
    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 13, 1 24 34 AM.png

    If I took pictures like that, I would unretire in a New York minute.
    Are they yours?

    I have problems believing that they were taken with an iPad.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Mar 17, 2013

  2. PeterN

    David Taylor Guest

    On 17/03/2013 17:20, PeterN wrote:
    > On 3/17/2013 2:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    >> On 2013-03-16 05:24:44 -0700, Alan Browne
    >> <> said:
    >>

    >>> http://memolition.com/2013/03/15/the-very-best-of-macro-photography-27-pi
    >>>
    >>> ctures/

    >> Great stuff!!
    >>
    >> I have two apps for my iPad, 500px and the Guardian "Eyewitness" apps
    >> and I have been immersing myself in some of the amazing images presented
    >> in both.

    []
    >> "Eyewitness" runs a continuous free gallery of 50 images, adding new
    >> shot and removing the oldest each day. They offer a different access for
    >> a subscription;
    >> <
    >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Jan 25, 10 54 34 PM.png
    >>

    >> <
    >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Feb 20, 1 53 33 PM.png
    >>

    >> <
    >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 07, 5 06 27 AM.png
    >>

    >> ...and
    >> <
    >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 13, 1 24 34 AM.png
    >>

    > If I took pictures like that, I would unretire in a New York minute.
    > Are they yours?
    >
    > I have problems believing that they were taken with an iPad.

    Displayed on, not taken with. They are from the Guardian Eyewitness, as
    was stated. It may show what a 3 Mpix display can do! Many of the
    images do look exceedingly good.
    --
    Cheers,
    David
    David Taylor, Mar 17, 2013

  3. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/17/2013 4:10 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-17 10:20:32 -0700, PeterN <> said:
    >
    >> On 3/17/2013 2:16 AM, Savageduck wrote:

    >>> Great stuff!!
    >>>
    >>> I have two apps for my iPad, 500px and the Guardian "Eyewitness" apps
    >>> and I have been immersing myself in some of the amazing images presented
    >>> in both.
    >>> 500px provides shots of incredible quality in their app, including these
    >>> macros;
    >>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/500px-001.PNG >
    >>> < https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/500px-002.PNG >
    >>>
    >>> "Eyewitness" runs a continuous free gallery of 50 images, adding new
    >>> shot and removing the oldest each day. They offer a different access for
    >>> a subscription;
    >>> <
    >>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Jan 25, 10 54 34 PM.png
    >>>

    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Feb 20, 1 53 33 PM.png
    >

    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 07, 5 06 27 AM.png
    >

    > ...and
    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 13, 1 24 34 AM.png
    >

    > If
    >>>

    >> I took pictures like that, I would unretire in a New York minute.
    >> Are they yours?

    > I wish!!
    > ...but I certainly find them inspiring.
    >
    >> I have problems believing that they were taken with an iPad.

    > Nowhere did I say they were taken with an iPad.
    > 500px has an app for ipad, iPhone, & Android devices which gives you
    > access to their galleries.
    > < http://500px.com/apps >

    Then I misunderstood.

    > ...and The Guardian has their "Eyewitness" app with free and
    > subscription options ( I use the free version) which has a gallery of
    > 100 shots. A new shot is added, and the oldest is removed daily.
    > < https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-guardian-eyewitness/id363993651?mt=8 >
    >
    > On the iPad with the "Retina" display, the impact of those images is
    > quite amazing. What I posted were screen captures from my iPad.
    >
    > If I recall, you have an iPhone, get the 500px app and do some
    > exploring. Obviously having the larger display of the iPad is nice, but
    > you will have access to their "popular", Editor's Choice", "Upcoming", &
    > "Fresh" galleries. Enjoy.

    Right now I am having difficulties with my iPhone. So I am not getting
    any new apps, but thanks for the suggestions.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Mar 23, 2013
  4. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/23/2013 11:51 AM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-23 05:38:12 -0700, PeterN <> said:

    > Great

    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Feb 20, 1 53 33 PM.png
    >
    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 07, 5 06 27 AM.png
    >
    > ...and
    > <
    > https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/Photo Mar 13, 1 24 34 AM.png
    >

    > If

    >>> I wish!!
    >>> ...but I certainly find them inspiring.

    >>> Nowhere did I say they were taken with an iPad.
    >>> 500px has an app for ipad, iPhone, & Android devices which gives you
    >>> access to their galleries.
    >>> < http://500px.com/apps >

    >> Then I misunderstood.
    >>>
    >>> ...and The Guardian has their "Eyewitness" app with free and
    >>> subscription options ( I use the free version) which has a gallery of
    >>> 100 shots. A new shot is added, and the oldest is removed daily.
    >>> <
    >>> https://itunes.apple.com/app/the-guardian-eyewitness/id363993651?mt=8 >
    >>>
    >>> On the iPad with the "Retina" display, the impact of those images is
    >>> quite amazing. What I posted were screen captures from my iPad.
    >>>
    >>> If I recall, you have an iPhone, get the 500px app and do some
    >>> exploring. Obviously having the larger display of the iPad is nice, but
    >>> you will have access to their "popular", Editor's Choice", "Upcoming", &
    >>> "Fresh" galleries. Enjoy.
    >>>

    >> Right now I am having difficulties with my iPhone. So I am not getting
    >> any new apps, but thanks for the suggestions.

    > What sort of "difficulties" are you having with your iPhone. We have at
    > least four iPhone users here who might be able to help.

    It will only recharge from one charging cord.
    My wife's iPhone has no such issue, so I know it's not that all of the
    other chargers are bad. I took it into Verizon, and they sent me a new
    phone. I have not yet returned the old, because I am not certain that
    all privacy information has been deleted.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Mar 23, 2013
  5. PeterN

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/23/2013 2:44 PM, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-23 10:44:50 -0700, PeterN <> said:

    >>> What sort of "difficulties" are you having with your iPhone. We have at
    >>> least four iPhone users here who might be able to help.
    >>>

    >> It will only recharge from one charging cord.
    >> My wife's iPhone has no such issue, so I know it's not that all of the
    >> other chargers are bad. I took it into Verizon, and they sent me a new
    >> phone. I have not yet returned the old, because I am not certain that
    >> all privacy information has been deleted.

    > That is odd.
    > The most frequent issue along those line I have heard of, but not
    > experienced myself is a bad USB cable. I have never heard of an iPhone
    > being restricted to a particular charger. I have multiple chargers and
    > USB cords for the iPhone, Ipad, several vintages of iPod and the
    > iPhone/iPod connection cable in the glovebox of my E350, all are
    > interchangeable. So i guess the issue is peculiar to your phone and
    > replacing it is probably the best solution.
    >
    > Open the "Settings" app, go to "General", scroll down to "Reset" (it is
    > the last choice as you scroll down), select "Erase All Content and
    > Settings". Just don't do that until you have set up your new iPhone
    > after having backed it up to your PC or iCloud.

    Thanks.
    I made an appointment with Apple, to see if they can solve the issue.
    They advised me to back up the data before I come in. I have backed up
    the data, but the new phnoe won't see it. Naturally, I am not doing
    anything until the issue is resolved.

    --
    PeterN
    PeterN, Mar 23, 2013