Re: macromedia Flash Player

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003.

  1. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    Download the swdir.cab file:
    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/swdir.cab

    Extract the cabinet file (use something like WinZIP or WinRAR)
    and run the 'Download.exe' file. After the file has been downloaded,
    it will start to install, and ask you for a language. Do NOT choose
    ANY options - leave the dialog boxes open. Open Windows Explorer to
    the TEMP folder, and you will see a xxxxxx.tmp file about 3.5 MB
    in size (3.552KB). Right click on the file and choose 'Copy',
    then go to your desktop (or any other folder), right click and
    choose 'Paste'. Rename the file you have just pasted to setup.exe ,
    or macromedia.exe . You can now use this file to install SW.
    I am not sure if this method gives the uninstall option or not, so
    use at your own risk.

    On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 22:15:16 -0400, in
    <>
    Dennis Blackwell scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003

  2. °Mike°

    °Mike° Guest

    On 14 Jul 2003 20:26:52 -0700, in
    <>
    Michael scrawled:

    >In article <>, °Mike° says...
    >>
    >>Download the swdir.cab file:
    >>http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/director/swdir.cab
    >>
    >>Extract the cabinet file (use something like WinZIP or WinRAR)
    >>and run the 'Download.exe' file. After the file has been downloaded,
    >>it will start to install, and ask you for a language. Do NOT choose
    >>ANY options - leave the dialog boxes open. Open Windows Explorer to
    >>the TEMP folder, and you will see a xxxxxx.tmp file about 3.5 MB
    >>in size (3.552KB). Right click on the file and choose 'Copy',
    >>then go to your desktop (or any other folder), right click and
    >>choose 'Paste'. Rename the file you have just pasted to setup.exe ,
    >>or macromedia.exe . You can now use this file to install SW.
    >>I am not sure if this method gives the uninstall option or not, so
    >>use at your own risk.

    >Nice job, Mike.
    >
    >I didn't think it could be done.
    >
    >Surely, Macromedia didn't tell you about this. ;-)

    No, it just peeked my curiosity when the OP asked, so I decided
    to see if it *could* be done. :)

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 15, 2003