Re: Lousy Canon Repair Service!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >> You should have demanded a replacement. It's a gross understatement to even
    >> consider that negligent. I would have sent it back the same day.

    >I have had similar happen to me with a different brand of camera. I
    >complained,
    >they asked me to prove that the camera wasn't like that when I shipped it to
    >them.
    >
    >I couldn't. ;-(
    >
    >So I waited until the warranty was almost up then plugged the camera into
    >240V
    >and fried the electronics.
    >
    >Sent it in for a warranty repair and they replaced it with a new one. ;-)

    Bravo! Great story! It serves them right! :)

    To be more specific to those with Canon products in America. The service repair
    facility I am having so much trouble with is the one in Jamesburg New Jersey.
    They handle camera and scanner repair among others at that facility. After
    today's experience with Canon "Customer Relations" at their coporate
    headquarters in Lake Success New York and prior experience with their tech
    support I am getting the impression the problems are systemic within the
    company. I guess they are happy though so long as people keep buying their
    cameras, especially now their popular digital cameras and scanners. It
    apparently matters not that a problem becomes so bad that their coporate
    headquarters starts receiving complaints too.

    In the mean time I am actually considering temporarily buying a Nikon scanner
    as I had bought the Canon to complete a scanning project buy this winter. At
    the rate this ordeal is going they may still have the scanner. Maybe I should
    have bought the Nikon to begin with, or a Minolta!

    Thanks for the story!

    FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003