Re: Lousy Canon Repair Service!!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003.

  1. FOR7b

    FOR7b Guest

    >I sent in my PowerShot G2 earlier this year for warranty replacement of the
    >back cover.
    >
    >Initial contact was good, got through immediately on the 800 line on a
    >*Saturday*, if you can believe it. Very impressive.
    >Shipped it out and they were very fast fixing it.
    >
    >Only problem is, there's a huge scratch all across the top of the camera
    >when it came back. It's obviously from a box cutter, probably used to open
    >the package I sent it to them in.
    >
    >I just think this kind of stuff is sloppy though. And people notice! If
    >I'm sending you my camera back for a problem, you can bet I'm scrutinizing
    >it when it comes back.
    >
    >I still like Canon gear but you can bet I'll remember this.
    >
    >-Jonathan

    You should have demanded a replacement. It's a gross understatement to even
    consider that negligent. I would have sent it back the same day.

    Back to my original post, I just wanted to say that I think it is extremely
    useful and extremely important that people post their service and repair
    experiences from all manufacturers. The internet is a wonderful and extremely
    powerful forum that the manufacturers can not ignore if enough people complain,
    especially if it drives away future customers. These big companies only listen
    when enough voices are heard. A few problems here and there no matter how
    nightmarish is insignificant to them. Equally so for systematic problems that
    go unreported.

    Monday I will be trying Canon's customer relations for the second and last time
    and then if I get no results then I will seriously look into filing against
    Canon in small claims court. Geez, how else do you get your equipment back from
    them if they continue to ignore you?!

    FOR7b, Sep 6, 2003

  2. FOR7b

    kate Guest

    > >Only problem is, there's a huge scratch all across the top of the camera
    > >when it came back. It's obviously from a box cutter, probably used to open
    > >the package I sent it to them in.

    That happened to a TV I got back from having the picture tube replaced once. Of
    course, since they caused the scratch, they had to replace the set with a new one.

    We don't take good care of our stuff so that they can just bang and scratch it all
    up. Now I make sure anything that needs repair has it's condition witnessed by
    several people as it is being dropped off or picked up so that the perfect
    condition is noted by all so there are no doubts to where scratches or nicks came
    from when it returns from repair.

    Photographs are a good idea too.

    kate, Sep 6, 2003