Re: Lost Volume Control Icon - VISTA

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by PeterC, May 4, 2008.

  1. PeterC

    PeterC Guest

    On Sat, 03 May 2008 18:32:19 -0400, Jeff Wisnia wrote:

    > All of a sudden the icon for the speaker volume control which is usually
    > in the notification area of the VISTA taskbar disappeared. (And it's not
    > there if I click to expand that area and show all the available icons
    > either.)
    >
    > I right clicked on the taskbar and then on "properties" and looked at
    > the "Notification Area" of the "Taskbar and Start Menu Properties" menu.
    >
    > The checkbox for volume and the word "Volume" alongside it are greyed
    > and clicking on the checkbox doesn't put a check in it. (Same for
    > "Power" BTW.)
    >
    > I can still adjust the speaker volume through the control panel, but
    > that's a PIA.
    >
    > Thanks guys,
    >
    > Jeff

    Why take up space with a clumsy icon? I got rid of it and just use
    Volumouse; it works from the scroll wheel when the pointer is over the task
    bar and is very quick - no clicks at all.

    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/volumouse.html
    --
    Peter.
    It's not rocket science, you know.