Re: Lost PC sound.

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mary Hanna, Dec 19, 2009.

  1. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:35:22 -0800 (PST), ChristianKnight
    <> wrote:

    >HI
    >I wish I could just format the hard drive but it's not that easy when
    >I have purchased programs.

    No need to do that, I have never ever done that in 30 years or more.

    >Anyway the trouble shooter takes me right through but I still get no
    >sound .
    >When I try and open sound it says go to control panel you have no
    >sound mixer devices go to computers and devices and click on add new
    >hard ware.
    >Well thats a dead end.
    >I don't know if someone or some virus has deleted my sound software.
    >I use Legacy Audio Drivers.
    >Christ's love

    Reinstall the drivers

    Mary Hanna, Dec 19, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    John Little Guest

    On Dec 20, 4:09 am, ChristianKnight <>
    wrote:

    > ... unless I
    > am using the wrong CD Thanks on answering.

    If you're not sure, check the hardware id. Right click in the device
    manager, properties, details tab, check hardware ids, device instance
    id and maybe compatible ids. If these are not mentioned in the .inf
    files for the drivers you're installing, you haven't got the right
    drivers. Google might find them, and put you on to a driver site.

    If that sounds like I know much about what I'm talking about, I'm
    being deceptive. But, it worked for me once.

    HTH, and regards, John

    John Little, Dec 19, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    J.Wilson Guest

    "ChristianKnight" <> wrote in message
    On Dec 19, 9:52 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    > On Fri, 18 Dec 2009 23:35:22 -0800 (PST), ChristianKnight
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >HI
    > >I wish I could just format the hard drive but it's not that easy when
    > >I have purchased programs.

    > No need to do that, I have never ever done that in 30 years or more.
    >
    > >Anyway the trouble shooter takes me right through but I still get no
    > >sound .
    > >When I try and open sound it says go to control panel you have no
    > >sound mixer devices go to computers and devices and click on add new
    > >hard ware.
    > >Well thats a dead end.
    > >I don't know if someone or some virus has deleted my sound software.
    > >I use Legacy Audio Drivers.
    > >Christ's love

    > Reinstall the drivers

    I'll try again tomorrow but that does not seem to work either unless I
    am using the wrong CD Thanks on answering.
    Christ's love

    Try this:

    http://www.devicedoctor.com/

    It's free.. and works :)

    J.Wilson, Dec 21, 2009
  4. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    ChristianKnight wrote:
    > On Dec 20, 12:39 pm, John Little <> wrote:
    >> On Dec 20, 4:09 am, ChristianKnight <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>> ... unless I
    >>> am using the wrong CD Thanks on answering.

    >> If you're not sure, check the hardware id. Right click in the device
    >> manager, properties, details tab, check hardware ids, device instance
    >> id and maybe compatible ids. If these are not mentioned in the .inf
    >> files for the drivers you're installing, you haven't got the right
    >> drivers. Google might find them, and put you on to a driver site.
    >>
    >> If that sounds like I know much about what I'm talking about, I'm
    >> being deceptive. But, it worked for me once.
    >>
    >> HTH, and regards, John

    > Nothing has worked not even buying a soundcard for a pci slot and

    Have you tested your speakers with another source? The speakers or sound
    system input may be poked.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 28, 2009
  5. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:01:11 -0800 (PST), ChristianKnight
    <> wrote:

    >On Dec 20, 12:39 pm, John Little <> wrote:
    >> On Dec 20, 4:09 am, ChristianKnight <>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> > ... unless I
    >> > am using the wrong CD Thanks on answering.

    >> If you're not sure, check the hardware id.  Right click in the device
    >> manager, properties, details tab, check  hardware ids, device instance
    >> id and maybe compatible ids.  If these are not mentioned in the .inf
    >> files for the drivers you're installing, you haven't got the right
    >> drivers.  Google might find them, and put you on to a driver site.
    >>
    >> If that sounds like I know much about what I'm talking about, I'm
    >> being deceptive.  But, it worked for me once.
    >>
    >> HTH, and regards,  John

    >Nothing has worked not even buying a soundcard for a pci slot and
    >So if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.
    >Christ's love

    You Amp or speakers are Suffed..?

    Mary Hanna, Dec 28, 2009
  6. Mary Hanna

    > >Nothing has worked not even buying a soundcard for a pci slot and
    > >So if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.
    > >Christ's love

    > You Amp or speakers are Suffed..?- Hide quoted text -

    Speakers are fine
    This is to do with the drivers or the Bios or rust or dust on the
    motherboard. I think it's a virus I'm not the only one it's happened
    to.
    Realtek Ac 97 driver controller enabled but not started.
    I've rechecked it so many times Ive learn't the name.
    Please pool some ideas.
    Christ's love

    Just ruling out a possibility. The sound devices might be considered too
    old and win7
    drivers just not available. I have been using a three year old dynalink
    adsl modem
    with xp which would'nt work with win 7. Dynalink says it is actually more
    than ten
    years old and will not be writing win7 drivers for it.

    J.Wilson, Dec 28, 2009
  7. Mary Hanna

    Enkidu Guest

    ChristianKnight wrote:
    > On Dec 28, 8:10 pm, Mary Hanna <> wrote:
    >> On Sun, 27 Dec 2009 19:01:11 -0800 (PST), ChristianKnight
    >>

    >> <> wrote:
    >>> Nothing has worked not even buying a soundcard for a pci slot and
    >>> So if anyone has any ideas I'd be most grateful.
    >>> Christ's love

    >> You Amp or speakers are Suffed..?- Hide quoted text -

    > Speakers are fine
    > This is to do with the drivers or the Bios or rust or dust on the
    > motherboard. I think it's a virus I'm not the only one it's happened
    > to.
    > Realtek Ac 97 driver controller enabled but not started.
    > I've rechecked it so many times Ive learn't the name.
    > Please pool some ideas.

    If your PCI sound card didn't work either, and you are sure that you
    activated the PCI sound card, then it is difficult to understand how
    this could happen. If the only symptom is no sound it is unlikely to be
    a virus.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Dec 28, 2009