Re: Lost my WPA PSK Option

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by Malke, Dec 13, 2006.

  1. Malke

    Malke Guest

    Nick Rea wrote:

    > Following a rebuild (Toshiba Hard Drive - don't ask) I had Windows XP
    > Tablet SP1 installed. I have subsequntly installed SP2 but I am not
    > now offered WPA PSK as an authentication option for my home wireless
    > router.
    >
    > Note that I used to have this option before the rebuild and it worked
    > fine. I have checked Windows Update and it tells me that there are no
    > furtther updates avaiable for my machine.
    >
    > Nick Rea

    After you reinstalled the operating system, did you also install drivers
    for your hardware? Go to Toshiba's tech support site (or whoever made
    the laptop if not Toshiba) and get the drivers for all your hardware,
    particularly the wireless adapter. Perhaps you don't have the latest
    drivers for it.

    Malke
    --
    Elephant Boy Computers