Re: Looks Like Martin Wylie Is Now Calling The Shots At Slingshot

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Matty F, Sep 26, 2006.

  1. Matty F

    Matty F Guest

    Vista wrote

    >> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

    >> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
    >> Annette "Fire someone"!

    >> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

    >She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
    >just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

    Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.
    Matty F, Sep 26, 2006

  2. In article <>, "Matty F" <> wrote:
    >Vista wrote
    >>"Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

    >>> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
    >>> Annette "Fire someone"!

    >>> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

    >>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
    >>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

    >Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

    45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
    needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
    of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
    shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me :)

    We will see.
    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 27, 2006

  3. Matty F

    Vista Guest

    "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    > Vista wrote
    >>"Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>> Quote of the day has to go to Annette when asked:-

    >>> TV3 "What are you going to do when you return to NZ Annette"?
    >>> Annette "Fire someone"!

    >>> This is definately one worth watching as it unfolds.

    >>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this
    >>could
    >>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

    > Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

    Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name), owns 42.5%, so she may be able to
    get the numbers from other shareholders. Sounds like the issue is personal
    which happens when a marriage breaks up.
    Vista, Sep 27, 2006
  4. Matty F

    Keith Guest

    z (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    >In article <>, "Matty F" <> wrote:
    >>Vista wrote
    >>>"Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this could
    >>>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

    >>Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

    >45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
    >needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
    >of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
    >shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me :)
    >
    >We will see.

    Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.

    Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
    Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice. (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).
    Keith, Sep 27, 2006
  5. In article <>, "Keith" <> wrote:
    > (Bruce Sinclair) wrote:
    >>In article <>, "Matty F"

    > <> wrote:
    >>>Vista wrote

    >>>Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.

    >>45 % is often called "effective control", so it may well be enough. She only
    >>needs another 5.000001% to get whatever she says to go ... or for 10.00001 %
    >>of shareholders not to vote at all. I don't know the make up of slingshot's
    >>shareholdings, but that sure sounds like control to me :)
    >>
    >>We will see.

    >Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
    >
    >Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
    >Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice.
    > (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

    Thanks. Looks like the rats and mice might have a big say in anything that
    goes down here. Interesting :)
    Bruce Sinclair, Sep 27, 2006
  6. On 27 Sep 2006 12:54:15 +1200, "Keith" <> wrote:

    >Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
    >
    >Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
    >Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice. (Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

    If Dick & Wylie gang up on Presley she's going to find it tough to
    fight back.

    Yes - in theory she can look for the small shareholders to gain 2.26%
    support to topple Dick & Wylie but they can do the same thing and
    together they're closer to 50% than Presley is alone.

    Also looking at some of the small shareholders (particularly Adrian
    Dick at 2.5%) I suspect Malcolm Dick may have an advantage there.
    Jason Clinton, Sep 27, 2006
  7. In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:

    > Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

    It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
    Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 27, 2006
  8. Matty F

    Earl Grey Guest

    Lawrence D'Oliveiro wrote:
    > In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:
    >
    >> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

    > It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
    > Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

    Nice one Larry
    Earl Grey, Sep 27, 2006
  9. Matty F

    Vista Guest

    > In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:
    >
    >> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

    > It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
    > Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

    Yes but his first name is Malcolm. I don't think he has abbreviated it from
    Malcolm Richard :)
    I do know of a 'Dick' Family myself but I don't think they are related.
    Vista, Sep 27, 2006
  10. Matty F

    Vista Guest

    "Jason Clinton" <> wrote in message
    > On 27 Sep 2006 12:54:15 +1200, "Keith" <> wrote:
    >
    >>Companies Office says Slingshot is 100% owned by Callplus Holdings.
    >>
    >>Callplus Holdings is 45% Presley; 42.5% Malcolm Dick; 4.75% Martin
    >>Wylie (all three the Directors of the company) and the rest rats and mice.
    >>(Slingshot's directors are Wylie & Dick).

    > If Dick & Wylie gang up on Presley she's going to find it tough to
    > fight back.
    >
    > Yes - in theory she can look for the small shareholders to gain 2.26%
    > support to topple Dick & Wylie but they can do the same thing and
    > together they're closer to 50% than Presley is alone.
    >
    > Also looking at some of the small shareholders (particularly Adrian
    > Dick at 2.5%) I suspect Malcolm Dick may have an advantage there.

    Plus they have recently formed a new company that only Dick & Wylie own
    called Slingshot Ltd, so I wonder whats going on their.
    Vista, Sep 27, 2006
  11. In message <1159346389.685317@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:

    >> In message <1159315811.114371@ftpsrv1>, Vista wrote:
    >>
    >>> Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name) ...

    >> It's short for "Richard". Famous historical figures: Dick the Lionheart,
    >> Chuck I, Chuck II, King Fred the Great of Prussia etc.

    > Yes but his first name is Malcolm.

    That's all right. I had an uncle we all called "Bob" since I was little,
    then I found out--after he died--that his name was Michael.

    By the way, that construct "unfortionate" above looks like an interesting
    cross between "unfortunate" and "extortionate", don't you think?
    Lawrence D'Oliveiro, Sep 27, 2006
  12. Matty F

    Jonno Guest

    "Vista" <> wrote in message

    > "Matty F" <> wrote in message
    >> Vista wrote
    >>>"Dave" <> wrote in message

    >>>She owns a big chunk of the company. You go girl. You never know this
    >>>could
    >>>just be a big marketing ploy to give slingshot more exposure.

    >> Her 45% of the company is not enough for her to get rid of the CEO.
    >>

    > Her ex husband 'Dick'(unfortionate name), owns 42.5%, so she may be able
    > to get the numbers from other shareholders. Sounds like the issue is
    > personal which happens when a marriage breaks up.

    She shouldn't have had that affair with Don Brash
    Jonno, Sep 27, 2006