Re: Looking Up/Looking Down is UP!

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by otter, Mar 19, 2013.

  1. otter

    otter Guest

    On Mar 18, 6:20 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    > Some nice shots this month, so please take a look:
    >
    > http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down
    >
    > More mandates will be posted this week. I've received some good
    > suggestions which will, hopefully, be a little more inclusive. So far,
    > over the last two months I've asked for shots of steeples from people
    > who have none even close, and shots from on high from people living in
    > the flatlands, and other places with no tall structures. So I need to
    > break this rut and select mandates with more broad appeal.
    >
    > Help me out!

    No time to work on SI. Here is a picture which doesn't fit the
    mandate, but I was reminded of it:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/lightbox/

    otter, Mar 19, 2013

  2. otter

    Rob Guest

    On 19/03/2013 11:10 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Mar 18, 6:20 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    >> Some nice shots this month, so please take a look:
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down
    >>
    >> More mandates will be posted this week. I've received some good
    >> suggestions which will, hopefully, be a little more inclusive. So far,
    >> over the last two months I've asked for shots of steeples from people
    >> who have none even close, and shots from on high from people living in
    >> the flatlands, and other places with no tall structures. So I need to
    >> break this rut and select mandates with more broad appeal.
    >>
    >> Help me out!

    > No time to work on SI. Here is a picture which doesn't fit the
    > mandate, but I was reminded of it:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/lightbox/

    I do like that and it does demonstrate the mandate. Even better with
    image it has some animal/human interest and interaction, that draws one
    attention.

    Rob, Mar 19, 2013

  3. otter

    Whisky-dave Guest

    On Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:39:21 AM UTC, Savageduck wrote:
    > On 2013-03-18 17:10:41 -0700, otter <> said:
    >

    > > On Mar 18, 6:20 pm, Bowser <> wrote:

    > >> Some nice shots this month, so please take a look:

    > >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down

    > >> More mandates will be posted this week. I've received some good

    > >> suggestions which will, hopefully, be a little more inclusive. So far,

    > >> over the last two months I've asked for shots of steeples from people

    > >> who have none even close, and shots from on high from people living in

    > >> the flatlands, and other places with no tall structures. So I need to

    > >> break this rut and select mandates with more broad appeal.

    > >> Help me out!

    > > No time to work on SI. Here is a picture which doesn't fit the

    > > mandate, but I was reminded of it:

    > > http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/lightbo

    > > x/

    > That fits the mandate perfectly. ;-)

    That's the only one that does from my POV. :)

    I had one in mind but haven't been back there to take it.

    Whisky-dave, Mar 19, 2013
  4. otter

    otter Guest

    On Mar 19, 1:30 am, Rob <> wrote:
    > On 19/03/2013 11:10 AM, otter wrote:
    >

    > > On Mar 18, 6:20 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    > >> Some nice shots this month, so please take a look:

    > >>http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down

    > >> More mandates will be posted this week. I've received some good
    > >> suggestions which will, hopefully, be a little more inclusive. So far,
    > >> over the last two months I've asked for shots of steeples from people
    > >> who have none even close, and shots from on high from people living in
    > >> the flatlands, and other places with no tall structures. So I need to
    > >> break this rut and select mandates with more broad appeal.

    > >> Help me out!

    > > No time to work on SI.  Here is a picture which doesn't fit the
    > > mandate, but I was reminded of it:
    > >http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/l...

    > I do like that and it does demonstrate the mandate. Even better with
    > image it has some animal/human interest and interaction, that draws one
    > attention.

    Thanks, but strictly speaking I think the mandate was to shoot
    something while looking up or looking down, not to shoot something
    which was looking up or down. Also, it is a lot easier to pull that
    out of the archive, though, than to go out and shoot something
    interesting on demand that fits a mandate. But I thought people would
    like it, anyway.

    Here is a shot from what was keeping me busy, SXSW:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8573195529/lightbox/

    otter, Mar 20, 2013
  5. otter

    Rob Guest

    On 20/03/2013 6:45 PM, Eric Stevens wrote:
    > On Tue, 19 Mar 2013 23:07:19 -0700 (PDT), otter
    > <> wrote:

    > DAMN!
    >
    > Another URL amputated by Google.
    >
    > Try
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/lightbox/
    >
    >>> I do like that and it does demonstrate the mandate. Even better with
    >>> image it has some animal/human interest and interaction, that draws one
    >>> attention.

    >> Thanks, but strictly speaking I think the mandate was to shoot
    >> something while looking up or looking down, not to shoot something
    >> which was looking up or down. Also, it is a lot easier to pull that
    >> out of the archive, though, than to go out and shoot something
    >> interesting on demand that fits a mandate. But I thought people would
    >> like it, anyway.

    > I don't qute agree with you. I think you are being overly literal. The
    > mandate is looking up and down but it doesn't say who or what is
    > looking up and down. I think that this shot epitomises the mandate
    > perfectly.
    >>
    >> Here is a shot from what was keeping me busy, SXSW:
    >> http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/8573195529/lightbox/

    > Ear plugs! Where are my ear plugs?

    I must be like you, can't stand the way modern music has to be so ramped
    up that its fully distorted.

    Have to laugh when they recommend that people who go to these venues
    should wear ear protection.

    Rob, Mar 20, 2013
  6. otter

    PeterN Guest

    On 3/18/2013 8:10 PM, otter wrote:
    > On Mar 18, 6:20 pm, Bowser <> wrote:
    >> Some nice shots this month, so please take a look:
    >>
    >> http://www.pbase.com/shootin/looking_up_down
    >>
    >> More mandates will be posted this week. I've received some good
    >> suggestions which will, hopefully, be a little more inclusive. So far,
    >> over the last two months I've asked for shots of steeples from people
    >> who have none even close, and shots from on high from people living in
    >> the flatlands, and other places with no tall structures. So I need to
    >> break this rut and select mandates with more broad appeal.
    >>
    >> Help me out!

    > No time to work on SI. Here is a picture which doesn't fit the
    > mandate, but I was reminded of it:
    > http://www.flickr.com/photos/billkeshlear/5655929432/in/photostream/lightbox/

    I think it does fit the mandate. Nicely done

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Mar 23, 2013