Re: Looking for Virus Removal Info

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by MJP, Jul 26, 2003.

  1. MJP

    MJP Guest

    > I am looking for general information on virus removal. Upon my first

    Google
    > and Jeeves searches, I was able to find some information about removing
    > specific viruses using propietary virus removal programs.
    >
    > That is all good and fine, but...what I am looking for is more fundamental
    > information, such as, what does one do if the virus itself has made the
    > operating system/hard drive difficult or impossible to work with? One
    > solution that I've heard of is to install the hard drive into another box

    as
    > the secondary drive, and then proceed with the removal. I am also aware
    > that you may be able to boot from an emergency disk, but then how do you

    go
    > about installing the virus program, or using the removal tools?

    As in one of the previous replies, putting the infected disk as the
    secondary hard disk in another PC is a safe and easy method. As an adjunct
    to this, removable hard disk caddies make the placement of the secondary
    disk into the host PC much easier in my opinion and additionally if you have
    a 2.5 " to 3.5" adaptor cable you can also put laptop disks into the hard
    disk caddy for scanning.

    ---
    MJP, Jul 26, 2003