Re: Looking for Virus Removal Info

Discussion in 'A+ Certification' started by Wetware, Jul 25, 2003.

  1. Wetware

    Wetware Guest

    "smackedass" <> wrote in

    > Hello again,
    >
    > I am looking for general information on virus removal. Upon my first
    > Google and Jeeves searches, I was able to find some information about
    > removing specific viruses using propietary virus removal programs.

    You can try booting into safe mode (F8 at bootup) and running the
    antivirus. Or if the antivirus can fit on a disk an can run in dos you can
    try booting from a floppy and running the antivirus that way. If possible
    I would back up all my important data, either through CD-R, a network, or
    you can install the drive in another computer and back up that way. Then I
    would just reinstall the OS. If you have a Ghost image or a Restore Disk
    that would be the easiest. If that's not an option and you can't remove
    the virus in the infected computer, then you could install the infected
    drive on a good computer with antivirus software and have the antivirus
    scan the infected drive. I would personally try and go with the
    Restore/Reinstall because I love the feel of a new clean system. I don't
    know if this is the easiest/best way but it's what I would do.

    Good Luck

    Wetware, Jul 25, 2003