Re: looking for Shoreline info

Discussion in 'VOIP' started by TD, Apr 1, 2004.

  1. TD

    TD Guest

    I designed, installed and support a Shoreline system that currently
    hosts about 100 users and around 10 sites with centralized voicemail.
    Overall I am very happy with the product. It is a simple solution and
    I base this on my limited telephony experience and working with the
    disasterous Avaya IP Office solution which literally wouldn't work for
    3 sites and centralized voicemail and also from researching the Cisco
    solution. My experience is with networking and I came into VoIP a
    couple of years ago and first worked with the IP Office. After that
    disaster I did alot of research and was told by someone about
    Shoreline. It quite honestly sounded to good to be true in terms of
    the ease of use, ability to make any change without a reboot, etc,
    etc. Shoreline works well and in my opinion is designed more from a
    computer standpoint then from a phone system that is trying to act as
    a computer (again based on Avaya IP Office comparision). Voicemail is
    pretty basic as compared to Avaya's Voicemail Pro (you can't do the
    complex decision points and call escalation like Voicemail Pro) but my
    client's needs have been met and expectations exceeded. I'd like to
    see Shoreline do more with their IP phones currently they are working
    exclusively w/ an OEM Polycom and there are no soft buttons 3 call
    appearances and you can't program the display of the phone.
    Additionally there is currently no wireless IP phone, color display
    and no applications outside of Call Manager and IP Softphone (I use
    the softphone as well. What I was most impressed about was the ease of
    the rollout and the fact that we rolled out the FIRST VERSION that
    supported IP phones and it worked well! Prior to that release (4.1)
    Shoreline's switches were IP but phones were analog. I hope I've shed
    some light on Shoreline. Feel free to drop me a line if you have any
    questions.

    TD

    TD, Apr 1, 2004