Re: Looking for DSLR selection recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Joe Kotroczo, Jul 3, 2013.

  1. Joe Kotroczo

    Joe Kotroczo Guest

    On 03/07/2013 03:29, alex_m wrote:

    (...)
    > Preferences: I am looking for something that is relatively light and
    > would be usually coupled with a superzoom or a light prime. Not too
    > fickle (D40 climbed Rainier and went on a few sea kayaking trips with
    > me). Price is not a #1 consideration, but prefer to take it around and
    > not feel too protective about it (for me, a $1000 camera would satisfy
    > this, $5000 would not). Probably Canon - I have a couple of good Canon
    > lenses that I could use with it. Low noise at daylight ISOs (say, up
    > to 800) is crucial; good performance at higher ISO is nice, but not
    > critical.

    You got Canon lenses, you got a budget around $1000, if I was you I'd
    check out the new Canon 70D.

    http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon-eos-70d

    Joe Kotroczo, Jul 3, 2013