Re: Looking for DSLR selection recommendation

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by David Taylor, Jul 3, 2013.

  1. David Taylor

    David Taylor Guest

    On 03/07/2013 02:29, alex_m wrote:
    []
    > I am wary of high megapixel cameras -- one of the problems I saw with
    > subcompacts was noise, which I think may be caused by a small sensor
    > subdivided into lots of pixels. Is this a false assumption?
    >
    > I will probably also get a superzoom (my 18-200 disappeared with the
    > D40), so any recommendations on this are appreciated as well.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Alex

    I recently bought the Nikon D5200 (swivel LCD, 24 MP) and 18-200 mm
    lens, and I've been very pleased with the combination. The camera
    replaced the D5000 which is a couple of generations older, but still
    capable of considerably better images than the D40. The 24 MP means
    that the sensor out-resolves the lens, and that image files are a little
    bigger, but otherwise it's no problem. I sometimes use the 16-85 mm
    lens when I want a slightly wider-angle coverage (or I take the Tamron
    10-24 mm super wide angle).

    D5200 + 18-200 mm - strongly recommended.
    --
    Cheers,
    David

    David Taylor, Jul 3, 2013