Re: Looking for app to search for & highlight text in any app

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by chuckcar, Apr 27, 2010.

  1. chuckcar

    chuckcar Guest

    aaa <> wrote in

    > Hello, I'm using XP (SP3) and looking for an app that works similarly
    > to the Google toolbar in IE/Firefox, but which allows me to search for
    > text in *any* open application, preferably from a search box in the
    > Quick Launch toolbar.

    Whatever for? you search *in* the application. BTW Google software is
    buggy, quite possibly malware and highly insecure software to use.

    > Ideally I'd like to be able to search for 2 or more words at the same
    > time and have each word highlighted in a different colour and be able
    > to click on Next/Previous buttons for instances of the search terms.
    > If the app supports wildcard searches (e.g. ?, *, etc) I'd be a very
    > happy bunny.
    > Thanks.

    Learn dos. There's no gui for everything. specifically you want grep. Then
    you can search every file on your hard drive if you want.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Apr 27, 2010