re:Looking for a WPA bridge recommendation

Discussion in 'Wireless Networking' started by bjrugg, Jun 29, 2005.

  1. bjrugg

    bjrugg Guest

    For those who are interested, I solved this problem with a D-Link 3420
    wireless gaming adapter. The Viewsonic wapbr-100 I ordered from CompUSA
    never worked in any mode (including no security) and I returned it
    successfully to CompUSA online.

    Here is a original message:
    I have a Belkin 7231-4 (WPA compatible) wireless router connected to a
    cable modem and by a lan connection to my wife's computer. I have a
    laptop working via the router with a WPA compatible Netgear WG511 card.
    I also have an Athlon x64 computer working with the router via a lan
    connection to a Netgear WGE101 wireless bridge(not WPA compatible). All
    works fine in WEP.
    What I want to do is replace the WGE101 with a WPA device that will
    allow my netwotk to go WPA. The solution is clouded by the fact that I
    run Windows x64 Pro on the x64 and drivers for USB devices and WIreless
    NIC cards are not readily available at the moment.
    Any recommendations would be appreciated.

    bjrugg, Jun 29, 2005