Re: Looking for a certain manufacturer

Discussion in 'DVD Video' started by Mike Davis, Aug 23, 2003.

  1. Mike Davis

    Mike Davis Guest

    "Mark Williamson" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm looking for a Chinese manufacterer *cough*modifier*cough* (I seem
    > to be catching a cold...) that supposedly is "well known" and
    > "prestigious". I went to their site a while ago. They make
    > *cough*multiregion*cough* DVD-players and sell them at between US$100
    > and US$500, depending on what features (like, if it can read a slew of
    > other formats as well, *cough*if it's multi-region and not just
    > all-region*cough*, etc.)
    >
    > I don't remember all the exact prices or features or anything so some
    > of that may be wrong.
    >
    > If there's more than one manufacturer that fits this profile, I'm
    > almost 100% sure I could choose it out of a list of a few.
    >
    > BTW:
    > I'm sure it wasn't Japanese (like Panasonic, Sony, etc.) or Korean
    > (Daewoo, Samsung, etc.) - I know for sure they were Chinese. IIRC,
    > they were based in HK or something.
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help you might give me...
    > Mark Williamson

    Mark,
    You may well be talking about Hivizone. Those lunatics have everything,
    including the Momitsu V880 player that includes a built in scaler (you
    gotta' love that 1080i output) and DVI output. Not bad for two hundred plus
    bucks <ggg.> Of course the player is also all region and macrovision free. I
    love mine so much I have a second on order. Here's the link;
    https://www2.setssl.com/~hivizone/dvdplayer/main_frame.htm
    Good luck, all the best, Mike
    Mike Davis, Aug 23, 2003