Re: Looking before Leaping....Fuji HS10.....???

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Richard, Jul 30, 2010.

  1. Richard

    Richard Guest

    "David J Taylor" <> wrote in message

    > "infiniteMPG" <> wrote in message
    > []
    >> Comments and suggestions welcome, criticisms accepted, too :O)
    >>
    >> Thanks!

    > Fuji FinePix HS10 - not a DSLR, so off-topic for this group.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > David

    Of course, you might find a helpful response in rec.photo.digital to where
    the follow-up is set.

    HTH
    Richard

    Richard, Jul 30, 2010

  2. "infiniteMPG" <> wrote in message
    []
    > Was kind of looking at this as trying to get the opinions of "other"
    > DSLR users about possibly switching to a super-zoom since they are
    > progressing and advancing. Thinking that someone might post some AH-
    > HA piece of advice or information that might change my mind.

    []
    > I didn't see it a problem trying to get some opinions from DSLR users
    > in here.... :O/

    I have a DSLR and there is now way I would want to revert to a super-zoom
    for routine photography, with its slow operation, poor viewfinder, lack of
    lens flexibility, lack of high-ISO performance etc. I do have a compact
    super-zoom (Panasonic TZ3) which I use when it's the best tool for the
    job. Look through the viewfinder compared with that of a DSLR. See how
    long it takes to zoom from one end to the other (compared with twisting
    the zoom on a typical DSLR lens). See how quick the camera is in
    operation.

    If you feel you can take those hits, and the lighter weight and smaller
    size are that important to you, then switch.

    Cheers,
    David

    David J Taylor, Jul 30, 2010

  3. Richard

    Rich Guest

    On Jul 30, 12:44 pm, "Richard" <>
    wrote:
    > "David J Taylor" <> wrote in messagenews:i2uuv3$brv$-september.org...
    >

    > > "infiniteMPG" <> wrote in message
    > > []
    > >> Comments and suggestions welcome, criticisms accepted, too  :O)

    > >> Thanks!

    > > Fuji FinePix HS10 - not a DSLR, so off-topic for this group.

    > > Cheers,
    > > David

    > Of course, you might find a helpful response in rec.photo.digital to where
    > the follow-up is set.
    >
    > HTH
    > Richard

    $499 for a P&S with a 1/2.3" sensor? Why?

    Rich, Jul 31, 2010
  4. Richard

    Jeff R. Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > $499 for a P&S with a 1/2.3" sensor? Why?

    High speed video, for a start. *Really* high speed.
    10 fps stills, for another.
    Auto-panoramas, for another.

    But - I'm not being supercilious, cynical or dismissive, so I doubt my post
    will be considered.

    --
    Jeff R.

    Jeff R., Jul 31, 2010
  5. Richard

    Rich Guest

    On Jul 30, 9:11 pm, "Jeff R." <> wrote:
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > > $499 for a P&S with a 1/2.3" sensor?  Why?

    > High speed video, for a start.  *Really* high speed.
    > 10 fps stills, for another.
    > Auto-panoramas, for another.

    Toys. Gimmicks. Like 3D.

    Rich, Jul 31, 2010
  6. Richard

    Jeff R. Guest

    "Rich" <> wrote in message
    On Jul 30, 9:11 pm, "Jeff R." <> wrote:
    > "Rich" <> wrote in message

    > > $499 for a P&S with a 1/2.3" sensor? Why?

    > High speed video, for a start. *Really* high speed.
    > 10 fps stills, for another.
    > Auto-panoramas, for another.

    > Toys. Gimmicks. Like 3D.

    For you perhaps. (You can't conceive of a valid use for high speed video?)
    There are other opinions, and they are equally valid.

    I don't like and don't watch "reality" TV shows. That doesn't mean they
    MUST NOT be broadcast.
    Does it?

    --
    Jeff R.