Re: looking 4 a large picture of the Eiffel Tower

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Charlie D, Jul 28, 2003.

  1. Charlie D

    Charlie D Guest

    In article <bg305k$k0j0s$-berlin.de>,
    "anonymous"
    <> wrote:

    > Hi all

    > I am urgently (by 18:00 UTC today at the very latest) looking for a nice
    > large picture of the Eiffel Tower. Any digital image above about 3/4
    > megapixel will do. It's meant just for one-time personal use. So no
    > copyright issues or large-scale publishing of your picture.

    Ues your brain! (If applicable)
    This was the third hit on a google.com search for "Eiffel Tower
    photograph."

    It doesn't fit your 3/4MP criterion, but should be large enough for any
    legitimate use.

    <http://www.atkielski.com/inlink.php?/PhotoGallery/Paris/Eiffel/EiffelCha
    mpSmall.html>

    --
    Charlie Dilks
    Newark, DE USA

    Charlie D, Jul 28, 2003

  2. Charlie D

    anonymous Guest

    "Charlie D" <> schreef in bericht
    > Ues your brain! (If applicable)

    I do most of the time, thank you.

    > This was the third hit on a google.com search for "Eiffel Tower
    > photograph."
    >
    > It doesn't fit your 3/4MP criterion, but should be large enough for any
    > legitimate use.
    >
    > <http://www.atkielski.com/inlink.php?/PhotoGallery/Paris/Eiffel/EiffelCha
    > mpSmall.html>

    Came across that one this morning; doesn't even seem to be a full 24-bit
    colour image, if you look at it closely, but thanks anyhow.
    And yes, I did try Google, so don't bother mentioning.
    Thanks to all those who did send me some constructive samples during the
    day.

    Polar

    anonymous, Jul 28, 2003

  3. Charlie D

    Paul Rubin Guest

    Charlie D <> writes:
    > Ues your brain! (If applicable)
    > This was the third hit on a google.com search for "Eiffel Tower
    > photograph."
    >
    > It doesn't fit your 3/4MP criterion, but should be large enough for any
    > legitimate use.

    There's a Google image search engine, images.google.com. Altavista has
    something similar. And I'm sure there's tons of shots available from
    stock photo agencies.

    But I suspect the OP was pulling a prank, trying to get a lot of
    enormous files emailed to somebody else's address and flooding their
    mailbox. What kind of sane person would ask for large numbers of
    multi-megabyte pictures to be sent to their own address instead of
    having URL's sent or at least descriptions of the pictures?

    Paul Rubin, Jul 28, 2003
  4. Charlie D

    howard Guest

    "Paul Rubin" <http://> wrote in message
    > Charlie D <> writes:
    > > Ues your brain! (If applicable)
    > > This was the third hit on a google.com search for "Eiffel Tower
    > > photograph."
    > >
    > > It doesn't fit your 3/4MP criterion, but should be large enough for any
    > > legitimate use.

    > There's a Google image search engine, images.google.com. Altavista has
    > something similar. And I'm sure there's tons of shots available from
    > stock photo agencies.
    >
    > But I suspect the OP was pulling a prank, trying to get a lot of
    > enormous files emailed to somebody else's address and flooding their
    > mailbox. What kind of sane person would ask for large numbers of
    > multi-megabyte pictures to be sent to their own address instead of
    > having URL's sent or at least descriptions of the pictures?

    Dead right, and what does 'large-scale publishing ' mean ?

    And why the urgent deadline ?

    For 'personal use' ???

    And why is he/she anonymous ??

    And is he/she going to use a photograph without the
    photographers permission ??

    I smell a rat.

    howard, Jul 28, 2003