Re: Long boot up time for Windows PC

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by MegaMad, Jan 17, 2008.

  1. MegaMad

    MegaMad Guest

    Sid B wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm having problems with my home computer which takes too long to boot
    > up. The problem is *MOST* likely not related to Windows itself
    > because:
    >

    > Total Physical Memory: 254 MB
    > Available Physical Memory: 62 MB
    > Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2,048 MB
    > Virtual Memory: Available: 2,002 MB
    > Virtual Memory: In Use: 46 MB

    This ^^^^^^ is not good:
    -remove the current memory module(s) and upgrade the memory (to at least
    512MB) with modules that are suitable for your main board.
    -set the BIOS setting for video memory to the lowest possible setting.

    Try booting from a Linux live CD/DVD to see/test your hardware without
    the Windows platform.

    Good luck,

    Leo - MegaMad

    MegaMad, Jan 17, 2008

  2. MegaMad

    MegaMad Guest

    MegaMad wrote:
    > Sid B wrote:
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm having problems with my home computer which takes too long to boot
    >> up. The problem is *MOST* likely not related to Windows itself
    >> because:
    >>

    >> Total Physical Memory: 254 MB
    >> Available Physical Memory: 62 MB
    >> Virtual Memory: Max Size: 2,048 MB
    >> Virtual Memory: Available: 2,002 MB
    >> Virtual Memory: In Use: 46 MB

    > This ^^^^^^ is not good:
    > -remove the current memory module(s) and upgrade the memory (to at least
    > 512MB) with modules that are suitable for your main board.
    > -set the BIOS setting for video memory to the lowest possible setting.
    >
    > Try booting from a Linux live CD/DVD to see/test your hardware without
    > the Windows platform.
    >
    > Good luck,
    >
    > Leo - MegaMad

    And also have your harddisk (at least 10GB?) checked from a Linux live
    CD/DVD or Test CD/DVD

    MegaMad, Jan 17, 2008