Re: London, Eye Level

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Tim Conway, Aug 6, 2012.

  1. Tim Conway

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Dudley Hanks" <> wrote in message
    > From most of the trainers I've talked to, England has the best trained
    > guide dogs anywhere. And, after skulking around London, Southampton,
    > Newcastle, etc, I can appreciate why. Indeed, it took quite a while to
    > get used to how traffic flows, not to mention the sheer volume.
    >
    > Still, I have to say that Mich met the UK challenge quite well.
    >
    > When trying to capture the shot below, Mich and I worked our way through
    > some of the busiest areas of London, aiming for a spot on the Westminster
    > Bridge where we could shoot the London Eye.
    >
    > There were so many people, Mich couldn't see 6 inches in front of his
    > nose, through a nearly solid wall of pedestrians. Even following my son
    > was tough, as people kept cutting in between, so Mich couldn't keep a bead
    > on him.
    >
    > Eventually, though, we fought our way to a vantage spot, and I managed to
    > squeeze off a few shots.
    >
    > http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/LondonEye.jpg

    wow! definitely not your average ferris wheel. good shot!
    Tim Conway, Aug 6, 2012

  2. Tim Conway

    DaveC Guest

    DaveC, Aug 7, 2012

  3. Tim Conway

    David Taylor Guest

    David Taylor, Aug 7, 2012
  4. Tim Conway

    Tim Conway Guest

    "Eric Stevens" <> wrote in message
    > On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 07:07:50 +0100, David Taylor
    > <> wrote:

    >>> Yeah, but the one in London actually goes all the way to the top! ;-)

    >>.. as does the Singapore Flyer! <G>
    >>
    >> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12622230/2010-09-25-1002-00.jpg

    > And the bottom too! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
    > --

    dizzying! and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was younger.
    Not any more...that's way too high. :)
    Tim Conway, Aug 7, 2012
  5. Tim Conway

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:

    > "Eric Stevens" <> wrote in message
    >> On Tue, 07 Aug 2012 07:07:50 +0100, David Taylor
    >> <> wrote:

    >>> .. as does the Singapore Flyer! <G>
    >>>
    >>> https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12622230/2010-09-25-1002-00.jpg

    >> And the bottom too! https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
    >> --
    >>

    > dizzying! and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was
    > younger. Not any more...that's way too high. :)

    Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
    tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 7, 2012
  6. Tim Conway

    otter Guest

    On Aug 7, 3:12 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    > On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:
    >

    > > "Eric Stevens" <> wrote in message

    > >> And the bottom too!https://dl.dropbox.com/u/31088803/IMG_1439.JPG
    > >> --

    > > dizzying!  and to think I used to climb around a bridge when I was
    > > younger. Not any more...that's way too high.  :)

    > Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
    > tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.
    >
    > --
    > Peter

    Some friends of mine climbed into the tubes of Mt St Helens (years
    before it exploded). I didn't go, because it didn't seem all that
    interesting to me, it being just a black cave with the risk of hitting
    your head the whole way. The other folks that went seemed to enjoy
    it, though.

    I did, however, make the trek up to the Paradise Ice Caves on Mt
    Rainier. Inside, we noticed a large chunk of ice about the size of a
    car that had recently fallen from the ceiling. Ah, to be young and
    stupid again.
    otter, Aug 8, 2012
  7. Tim Conway

    PeterN Guest

    On 8/8/2012 12:05 AM, otter wrote:
    > On Aug 7, 3:12 pm, PeterN <> wrote:
    >> On 8/7/2012 4:52 AM, Tim Conway wrote:

    <snip>

    >> Most of us did things like that in our younger days. I climbed into the
    >> tubes of Mt. Vesivius. I hear they wont allow that today.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Peter

    > Some friends of mine climbed into the tubes of Mt St Helens (years
    > before it exploded). I didn't go, because it didn't seem all that
    > interesting to me, it being just a black cave with the risk of hitting
    > your head the whole way. The other folks that went seemed to enjoy
    > it, though.
    >
    > I did, however, make the trek up to the Paradise Ice Caves on Mt
    > Rainier. Inside, we noticed a large chunk of ice about the size of a
    > car that had recently fallen from the ceiling. Ah, to be young and
    > stupid again.

    I'll settle for young.
    If somehow I could go back in time and explain to me, at my younger age,
    what I was doing or about to do, that was stupid, I would not have
    listened to myself.
    So I guess being stupid is part of being young.

    --
    Peter
    PeterN, Aug 8, 2012