Re: London, Eye Level

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Robert Coe, Aug 6, 2012.

  1. Robert Coe

    Robert Coe Guest

    On Sun, 5 Aug 2012 18:08:37 -0600, "Dudley Hanks" <>
    wrote:
    : From most of the trainers I've talked to, England has the best trained guide
    : dogs anywhere. And, after skulking around London, Southampton, Newcastle,
    : etc, I can appreciate why. Indeed, it took quite a while to get used to how
    : traffic flows, not to mention the sheer volume.
    :
    : Still, I have to say that Mich met the UK challenge quite well.
    :
    : When trying to capture the shot below, Mich and I worked our way through
    : some of the busiest areas of London, aiming for a spot on the Westminster
    : Bridge where we could shoot the London Eye.
    :
    : There were so many people, Mich couldn't see 6 inches in front of his nose,
    : through a nearly solid wall of pedestrians. Even following my son was
    : tough, as people kept cutting in between, so Mich couldn't keep a bead on
    : him.
    :
    : Eventually, though, we fought our way to a vantage spot, and I managed to
    : squeeze off a few shots.
    :
    : http://www.blind-apertures.ca/images/LondonEye.jpg

    Nice shot. Good composition, perfect alignment (I assume your son helped you
    set up a tripod), and a muted color palette that's a good match for the scene.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Aug 6, 2012