Re: Logitech Quickcam Express - Windows XP SP1

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by paul s, Jul 27, 2003.

  1. paul s

    paul s Guest

    On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:28:51 +0100, Fliiber Gibbet wrote:

    > For some reason, my PC refuses to recognise my Webcam (Logitech Quickcam
    > Express). The device is listed under "USB controllers" as "Unknown Device".
    >
    > I have unplugged the device, uninstalled all the USB components through
    > device manager, restarted the system and plugged the device back in.
    > The device is found, but only as "Unknown Device" and so is unusable.
    >
    > I've installed the latest software (ImageStudio) from Logitech,

    That ain't the camera's driver, it's just a photo editing program.

    > the
    > latest VIA 4-in-1 drivers, and the USB Filter 1.10 - still no joy. I
    > have 4 USB ports in all, and they all work. I've tested this by
    > connecting scanners, digital camera's, smart card readers, and pen
    > tablets to each port - and they all work fine.
    >
    > I've also gone through my BIOS settings to check that:
    >
    > Plug and Play OS is Disabled.
    > Power Management is Enabled.
    > Cacheable BIOS is Enabled.
    >
    > Still refusing to work.

    Did you actually attempt to install the driver for the QC Express?

    Bung the QC Express CD in the drive > right click on the 'unknown device'
    in Device Manager > update driver > if necessary browse it to the drivers
    folder on the CD > Enjoy.

    --
    Paul S

    paul s, Jul 27, 2003

  2. "paul s" <> wrote in message
    > On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 18:28:51 +0100, Fliiber Gibbet wrote:
    >
    > > For some reason, my PC refuses to recognise my Webcam (Logitech Quickcam
    > > Express). The device is listed under "USB controllers" as "Unknown

    Device".

    > > I have unplugged the device, uninstalled all the USB components through
    > > device manager, restarted the system and plugged the device back in.
    > > The device is found, but only as "Unknown Device" and so is unusable.
    > >
    > > I've installed the latest software (ImageStudio) from Logitech,

    > That ain't the camera's driver, it's just a photo editing program.

    <snip>

    My girlfriend has the same cam and when you choose to do a custom install
    for ImageStudio, you have the option of installing or not installing the
    drivers. That was both of the CD that came with the cam as well as the dl
    from Logitech... To make a long story longer, I would think the drivers
    should have been installed when ImageStudio was...

    --
    Feeling long-winded today...

    Sentient Fluid, Jul 29, 2003