Re: Logitech Dives Into VoIP

Discussion in 'UK VOIP' started by Andy Lord, Aug 17, 2006.

  1. Andy Lord

    Andy Lord Guest

    Al wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:31:12 +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:
    >
    > >Ah, sorry, this is a new requirement of VoIP to me. I thought it was a
    > >type of VoIP because it allowed you to have voice conversation over
    > >Internet Protocol.

    > This must be a first. I find myself agreeing with Paul Cupis!
    >
    > What nonsense this man Ivor is speaking. I'm no fan at all of Skype
    > but he and his constant tripe saying that unless you have an ATA
    > you're not using voip. Utter twaddle!
    >
    > Quite why everyone wants to continue here, where it's off-topic,
    > rather than uk.telecom.voip is also beyond me.

    As Skype apparently 'doesn't count' as VOIP it would be even more
    off-topic over there.
    Andy Lord, Aug 17, 2006

  2. Andy Lord

    Ivor Jones Guest

    "Andy Lord" <> wrote in message
    > Al wrote:
    > > On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:31:12 +0100, Paul Cupis wrote:
    > >
    > > > Ah, sorry, this is a new requirement of VoIP to me. I
    > > > thought it was a type of VoIP because it allowed you
    > > > to have voice conversation over Internet Protocol.

    > > This must be a first. I find myself agreeing with Paul
    > > Cupis!
    > >
    > > What nonsense this man Ivor is speaking. I'm no fan at
    > > all of Skype but he and his constant tripe saying that
    > > unless you have an ATA you're not using voip. Utter
    > > twaddle!

    I never said that Skype isn't VoIP. I said that it isn't usable without a
    PC hence it is of no use to anyone wishing to use it seriously with
    external equipment.

    > > Quite why everyone wants to continue here, where it's
    > > off-topic, rather than uk.telecom.voip is also beyond
    > > me.

    > As Skype apparently 'doesn't count' as VOIP it would be
    > even more off-topic over there.

    Read what I said again.

    Ivor
    Ivor Jones, Aug 17, 2006