Re: little pauses when playing svcd and dvd

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by The Old Sourdough, Jul 9, 2003.

  1. On Wed, 09 Jul 2003 05:25:57 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk, my mind
    boggled at the following statement by Ockerr in message

    > I am trying to play movies from cdr's the pictures are quite clear
    > but every few seconds the picture freezes and then restarts also the
    > sound is slow and dosnt quite catch up with the movie some times it
    > competely stops, its almost like my cdrom is either too slow or the
    > prossesser is slow My cdrom is 8speed my computer p11 350, 500 meg
    > ram.
    >
    > Any suggestions other than buying a new Computer
    >
    > Thanks in advance

    If you're using a software decoder rather than a hardware decoder, a 350
    is borderline.

    --
    The Old Sourdough

    No of SETI units returned: 1823