Re: LINUX

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Bruce Sinclair, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. In article <3BH_a.11451$>, "Peter" <> wrote:
    >Can anyone tell me how much new learning is there to using Linux instead of
    >MS
    >have Mandrake 9 ut am not too sure if I know what to do and how to use it as
    >some have told me it is like having to learn a whole new language...????

    No where near that bad :)
    in fact, if you really want to, you can set many linux applications to look
    like M$ ones.

    Had my new machine a few weeks and the only problem I've had so far was with
    the modem. Solved it last weekend ... the modem doesn't work :)
    Replaced the 'new' one with the old one and easy peasy.
    Give it a go ... you'll love it.

    Bruce

    Oook !
    NOTE remove the not_ from the address to reply. NO SPAM !

    Bruce Sinclair, Aug 18, 2003