Re: Linux vs Microsoft, why I use now use Microsoft:

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Lennier, Nov 21, 2003.

  1. Lennier

    Lennier Guest

    On Mon, 26 May 2003 19:02:44 +1000, Jay wrote:

    > Hardly. My house is worth about $650,000 and it is mortgage free. I own
    > an investment apartment worth $450,000, and additionally have $400,000
    > in the bank. I also own some shares. And I have my own superannuation
    > fund with lots of money in it.

    I don't believe you.

    It's been my experience that wealthy people don't flaunt their wealth.

    It so happens that I know, and have worked with several multi-millionaires, and they all live reasonably
    modestly.

    The people who flaunt their wealth are those for whom having money is a
    new experience and they're only wanting to brag about it.

    Well how boorish is that!

    Lennier

    --
    I specifically DENY Xtra, and Telecom NZ Ltd, and all other subsidiaries
    of Telecom NZ Ltd, the right to use the contents of this digital

    Lennier, Nov 21, 2003

  2. Lennier

    Gordon Guest

    On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:55:32 +1300, Lennier wrote:

    > It's been my experience that wealthy people don't flaunt their wealth.

    Widen it then. ;-)

    Gordon, Nov 22, 2003

  3. In article <>, "Gordon" <> wrote:
    >On Fri, 21 Nov 2003 22:55:32 +1300, Lennier wrote:
    >
    >> It's been my experience that wealthy people don't flaunt their wealth.

    >Widen it then. ;-)

    And remember ... this could be auckland property. half a mill would be
    nothing special there :)

    Bruce

    Bruce Sinclair, Nov 24, 2003