Re: Linux support for Nikon LS-4000 FireWire card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Mike Brodbelt, Aug 18, 2003.

  1. On Sun, 17 Aug 2003 11:46:19 -0700, qwertyz wrote:

    > I just got a Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED scanner which came with
    > a IEEE 1394 FireWire card, model PCIFW2 which appears to be made
    > by Ratoc. The board itself doesn't seem to work under Linux
    > (RedHat 7.2, kernel-2.4.20-19.7) or Windows XP, so it seems that
    > the board is defective.
    >
    > Even if a replacement board works under Windows, is this one
    > compatible with Linux? Or am I going to have to get a different
    > FireWire card anyway?

    At least one Ratoc PCI card is listed as working:-

    http://www.linux1394.org/cgi-bin/view_device.cgi?id=302

    The scanner itself is also listed as working, so you may be able to get
    the whole package working. There's no lack of supported adapter cards,
    should you need to get another.

    Mike.

    Mike Brodbelt, Aug 18, 2003