Re: Linux support for Nikon LS-4000 FireWire card

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Bill Hilton, Aug 17, 2003.

  1. Bill Hilton

    Bill Hilton Guest

    >From: (qwertyz)

    >I just got a Nikon Super Coolscan 4000 ED scanner which came with
    >a IEEE 1394 FireWire card, model PCIFW2 which appears to be made
    >by Ratoc. The board itself doesn't seem to work under Linux
    >(RedHat 7.2, kernel-2.4.20-19.7) or Windows XP, so it seems that
    >the board is defective.

    I have a similar Nikon scanner (LS-8000) with the supplied Firewire card (too
    lazy to see if it's the same model). To get it to work under Win XP I had to
    download the latest version of Nikonscan (3.1.2) from the Nikon site, then it
    ran fine.

    Dunno if this is the cause of your XP problem but it's worth checking into.

    Bill
    Bill Hilton, Aug 17, 2003