Re: Linux Liars Exposed: C7 powered, no crapware, Vista based

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Malcolm, Jul 22, 2007.

  1. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 16:28:37 +1200
    "Mickey Mouse" <> wrote:

    > >"Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > >On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 13:43:19 +1200

    > > http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5673669
    > >
    > > Not sure how much power the 17" LCD monitor draws?.... all for $348
    > > +7% tax here in Mississippi.

    > Different package - the one listed at $298 comes with 1GB RAM and no
    > monitor - you get to choose one to suit your needs (or
    > eco-requirements).

    I see that, walmart here only lists the GC3500 :-(

    > See: http://www.everex.com/gc3502/index.htm
    >
    > > Hmmm and Norton Internet Security 2007 isn't crapware??

    > It certainly wouldn't be remaining on any system I purchased, but for
    > general home users it offers basic AV monitoring until they find a
    > more suitable alternative.
    >
    > > Think I stick with my M10000 running off a flash drive (no hard
    > > drive) at least it runs at 1GHz and not 400Mhz for the above
    > > system...

    > The CPU runs at 1.5GHz - the 400MHz is for the FSB.

    Thought about that after I posted, my bad. The one I have is 266MHz FSB,
    C3 (has a fan) cpu as well as the mpeg-2 accelerator. Worked well with
    with a winfast TV card. It currently uses zero watts of power... still
    back in NZ in the storage container...

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)

    Malcolm, Jul 22, 2007

  2. Malcolm

    Mickey Mouse Guest

    Re: Linux Liars Exposed: C7 powered, no crapware, Vista based system: LOW price

    "Malcolm" <> wrote in message

    > Thought about that after I posted, my bad. The one I have is 266MHz FSB,
    > C3 (has a fan) cpu as well as the mpeg-2 accelerator. Worked well with
    > with a winfast TV card. It currently uses zero watts of power... still
    > back in NZ in the storage container...

    You've been running a system with the C3 Nehemiah? Did you have it running
    in an ultra-compact configuration? What was your setup?

    Mickey Mouse, Jul 22, 2007

  3. Malcolm

    "Mickey Mouse" <> wrote:

    >> Different package - the one listed at $298 comes with 1GB RAM and no
    >> monitor - you get to choose one to suit your needs (or
    >> eco-requirements).

    > I see that, walmart here only lists the GC3500 :-(

    They may only be available in-store, not on walmart.com, by the looks of the
    Everex website.

    Mickey Mouse, Jul 22, 2007
  4. Malcolm

    Malcolm Guest

    On Sun, 22 Jul 2007 17:05:05 +1200
    "Mickey Mouse" <> wrote:

    > "Malcolm" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > Thought about that after I posted, my bad. The one I have is 266MHz
    > > FSB, C3 (has a fan) cpu as well as the mpeg-2 accelerator. Worked
    > > well with with a winfast TV card. It currently uses zero watts of
    > > power... still back in NZ in the storage container...

    > You've been running a system with the C3 Nehemiah? Did you have it
    > running in an ultra-compact configuration? What was your setup?

    Yup that's it, the MII which I got from Ascent in 2004. I had it in a
    micro atx with 230watt supply. Initially had it with a 200GB drive,
    Win2K, Pioneer DVR-109, 512MB RAM and Leadtek TV2000XP card, but found
    it wanting so sold that and got a PVR2000.

    Then went to a compact flash with one of the dark side OSes which loaded
    into RAM and had a shared drive on the network. I had it hooked up
    to a FTA satellite system as well as UHF Sky. It was only ever used as a
    TV/DVD system running xawtv. Did record Bathhurst 2004 with it split
    into some nineteen 600MB files :)

    When I get my stuff over here (Been in storage since mid 2005), I plan
    to make it into a smaller system and get a power brick. It will still be
    diskless and will mount on the back of the LCD TV we have, then plan
    to use for mainly websurfing with a wireless keyboard/mouse.

    --
    Cheers Malcolm °¿° (Linux Counter #276890)

    Malcolm, Jul 22, 2007