Re: Linux is FREE....Where are the users??????????????? LINUX is FREE...Where are it's users????????

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by heather.banger@gmail.com, Oct 21, 2007.

  1. Guest

    On Oct 20, 10:55 pm, wrote:
    > Linux users love to talk about how Micorsoft sabotoges the Linux
    > movement but they forget one important aspect of Linux, it is FREE....
    >
    > Yes Linux, and all of it's *wonderful* applications, is free every day
    > of the week.
    >
    > So why are so few people using Linux?
    > People are free to choose.
    > Nobody is holding their feet to the fire.
    > So why don't they choose Linux?
    > Why are they willing to pay $200 for Windows and another $200 for
    > Office instead of using Linux and OpenOffice for free?
    >
    > Why?
    >
    > Think about what would happen if Sony decided to give away TVs for
    > free.
    > How long would RCA be in business?
    > A week maybe?
    >
    > Yet Linux is free all the time and it seems nobody is taking the bait.
    > Why?
    >
    > That, in and of itself says all that needs to be said about Linux.
    >
    > When it can't be given away for free, it must really suck.
    > And Linux does.
    > Suck that is.

    <Linux is crap because it can't even be given away,

    , Oct 21, 2007

  2. Charlie Tame Guest

    Charlie Tame, Oct 21, 2007

  3. graeme Guest

    graeme, Oct 21, 2007
  4. caver1 Guest

    wrote:
    > On Oct 20, 10:55 pm, wrote:
    >> Linux users love to talk about how Micorsoft sabotoges the Linux
    >> movement but they forget one important aspect of Linux, it is FREE....
    >>
    >> Yes Linux, and all of it's *wonderful* applications, is free every day
    >> of the week.
    >>
    >> So why are so few people using Linux?
    >> People are free to choose.
    >> Nobody is holding their feet to the fire.
    >> So why don't they choose Linux?
    >> Why are they willing to pay $200 for Windows and another $200 for
    >> Office instead of using Linux and OpenOffice for free?
    >>
    >> Why?
    >>
    >> Think about what would happen if Sony decided to give away TVs for
    >> free.
    >> How long would RCA be in business?
    >> A week maybe?
    >>
    >> Yet Linux is free all the time and it seems nobody is taking the bait.
    >> Why?
    >>
    >> That, in and of itself says all that needs to be said about Linux.
    >>
    >> When it can't be given away for free, it must really suck.
    >> And Linux does.
    >> Suck that is.

    > <Linux is crap because it can't even be given away,

    That's why Dell says that there Linux sales are
    growing faster than Windows sales.
    caver1

    caver1, Oct 21, 2007
  5. Rick Guest

    Re: Linux is FREE....Where are the users??????????????? LINUX isFREE...Where are it's users???????????????????

    On Sat, 20 Oct 2007 19:57:24 -0700, heather.banger wrote:

    > On Oct 20, 10:55 pm, wrote:
    >> Linux users love to talk about how Micorsoft sabotoges the Linux
    >> movement but they forget one important aspect of Linux, it is FREE....
    >>
    >> Yes Linux, and all of it's *wonderful* applications, is free every day
    >> of the week.
    >>
    >> So why are so few people using Linux? People are free to choose.
    >> Nobody is holding their feet to the fire. So why don't they choose
    >> Linux?
    >> Why are they willing to pay $200 for Windows and another $200 for
    >> Office instead of using Linux and OpenOffice for free?
    >>
    >> Why?
    >>
    >> Think about what would happen if Sony decided to give away TVs for
    >> free.
    >> How long would RCA be in business?
    >> A week maybe?
    >>
    >> Yet Linux is free all the time and it seems nobody is taking the bait.
    >> Why?
    >>
    >> That, in and of itself says all that needs to be said about Linux.
    >>
    >> When it can't be given away for free, it must really suck. And Linux
    >> does.
    >> Suck that is.

    > <Linux is crap because it can't even be given away,

    .... another really poor troll attempt.

    --
    Rick

    Rick, Oct 21, 2007
  6. thanatoid Guest

    wrote in

    > On Oct 20, 10:55 pm, wrote:
    >> Linux users love to talk about how Micorsoft sabotoges the
    >> Linux movement but they forget one important aspect of
    >> Linux, it is FREE....

    MS is not sabotaging the Linux movement, they are just claiming
    that since they own the patent on FATs, which they stole from
    free Unix ITFP, they "own" parts of Linux. Sounds like fear more
    than anything to me.

    >> Yes Linux, and all of it's *wonderful* applications, is
    >> free every day of the week.

    Yes it is.

    >> So why are so few people using Linux?

    Because it takes more brains to install Unix (OR WINDOWS) than
    to buy a new machine with everything preinstalled and no
    original system disks.

    >> People are free to choose.

    Wake up. People are brainwashed faulty machines.

    >> Nobody is holding their feet to the fire.

    Oh really?

    >> So why don't they choose Linux?

    Because they're stupid and think that whatever is most popular
    (regardless of the fact it got there due to shady deals with
    hardware and software vendors and outright criminal behavior on
    MS's part) is the best.

    >> Why are they willing to pay $200 for Windows and another
    >> $200 for Office instead of using Linux and OpenOffice for
    >> free?

    See above. And NO ONE needs MS Office (or Open Office) except
    some businesses.

    >> Why?

    Because.

    >> Think about what would happen if Sony decided to give away
    >> TVs for free.
    >> How long would RCA be in business?
    >> A week maybe?

    I wouldn't take an RCA even for free. They're called Thomson
    now, BTW. RCA is some Chinese company who bought the name. I
    wouldn't take a Thomson for free either. Anyway, let' stay on
    the ground here. Linux is free because it was s hobby project by
    a guy who decided he didn't need to profit from something he
    largely adopted from a very old OS (like Apple is doing, but
    THEY are charging, through the nose).

    >> Yet Linux is free all the time and it seems nobody is
    >> taking the bait. Why?

    Because they are stupid and the lowest common denominator wins.
    MS has undoubtedly making deals with all vendors that if they
    try to sell Unix pre-installed, there will be BIG trouble for
    them. They've been doing it all along. How else would shit like
    ME and Disasta ever get into people's houses?

    >> That, in and of itself says all that needs to be said
    >> about Linux.

    No comment.

    >> When it can't be given away for free, it must really suck.
    >> And Linux does.
    >> Suck that is.

    No, you suck because you have no clue a) how people "think" and
    act and b) don't understand the realities of the marketplace. I
    can assure you that if NO BRAND NAME COMPUTER was sold with
    Vista pre-installed, many is not most new users would choose to
    install Linux BECAUSE it is free and works and doesn't spy on
    you.

    thanatoid, Oct 21, 2007