Re: linux equivalent of XP sounds and audio devices dialog ?

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Gordon, May 2, 2008.

  1. Gordon

    Gordon Guest

    On 2008-05-01, Richard <> wrote:
    > Allistar wrote:
    >
    >> That depends on a lot of things - which distribution he is using and which
    >> window manager (I doubt he is not using one). If using KDE then it's KMix.
    >> aumix may be it too.

    > Windows 1, linux 0 in this respect - this is one thing I found quite
    > illogical with linux when I tried it as a desktop OS briefly.

    Briefly...well Linux is very much the same under the hood. Drop the GUI and
    suddenly everything looks the same.

    The distros of Linux are like humans on this planet, they look different,
    have their buttons in different places but they are all from the same
    family.

    Illogical... feel free to stay with Ms Windows. Linux is *not* Ms windows,
    and does not wish to be

    Gordon, May 2, 2008